Throw a stone

Throw a stone

A Poem by Santulan
"

Came to me when i was skipping stones in a pond

"

A Little boy throws

A stone in the lake

And causes ripples

On the tranquil surface

Or does the stone

Not plunge

But go                                  

Skipping ahead to

The centre of the lake

And silently does drown

Into the very lake

It has now conquered.

© 2008 Santulan


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love the change in direction this piece presents half way through, never has a question been raised so elequently. Mx

Posted 16 Years Ago


This was another wonderful piece of writing.

Posted 16 Years Ago


very sweet. i am fascinated by ripples. always.
great small poem. emily is an angel. she sent it to me.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Something magical about throwing stones into water...a kind of ageless mystery. We all do it once in a while two. Like any title starting with a verb. Enjoyed this as it evokes water i have thrown stones into, some of which have skimmed. And I suppose we are not unlike stones...some of us hit the water and immediately vanish with a ker-plunk, whereas others of a lighter nature skip across the waters defying the elements for a their brief moment of success until they, too, sink out of sight.

Posted 16 Years Ago


interesting. slightly metaphysical. i wonder what happen if you provided some breaks by splitting this poem into two or three stanzaz?? perhaps after 'tranquil surface' and 'skipping ahead'. i'm sure you could've tried experiementing with the structure but overall it's simplicity is a plus. keep it up Santulan.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

great perspective. really great! love it!

Posted 16 Years Ago


Wow, I greatly enjoyed this piece. Thanks to Emily for sharing it with me. And thanks to you for sharing it with us all.

Posted 16 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
I like your perspective in this. Thanks to Emily for sending it to me!

Posted 16 Years Ago


Interest piece you have written here, filled with a curious metaphysical query. Quiet, contemplative. Wonderful piece. Thanks Emily for sending this my way.

Posted 16 Years Ago


... a sweet surmise a lingering as if staring at forever with the eyes of a child ... this is the eyes of a writer who carried upon the ripples of the imagination dives also deeply for the pearl ...

Neither the voice that speaks shall have your Heart
nor can you hear that uncommenest of tongues;
... for the language of the Soul is silence ...
You shall know when you have been unspoken,
you will feel it Divine!
Peace is that wordless cry ... happy holidays Santulan a wondrous write

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

305 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 6, 2008

Author

Santulan
Santulan

Ahmedabad, India



About
Am here here to share my musings and writings with you, and maybe improve my self from what you comment and reiew. Being a vintage Libran, I am in constant search for establishing an Equilibrium in m.. more..

Writing
ParkBench ParkBench

A Story by Santulan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..