in a world where honey is hard to find

in a world where honey is hard to find

A Poem by Kara Emily Krantz

Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind.

"Pooh," he whispered.

"Yes, Piglet?"

"Nothing," said Piglet, taking Pooh's paw, "I just wanted to be sure of you."

 

 

 



i trace the curve of
your jaw
with my lips.

i breathe in the scent
at your neck.

there is a need in my chest
to lay beside you
(as close as i can be)
beside you.

until my lips
-are your lips-
and my skin
-is your skin-
and somehow when you sigh
i softly breathe you in.

i just want to be sure of you

i kiss your cheek
with a reverence
i had (long ago)
thought faded

and pull you close
with a joy
i had oft-considered
jaded.

there is this lightness
in my heart
whenever you speak
soft words
into my ear.

i am comforted by
the realization
-i no longer need to fear-

i just want to be sure of you

i turn into the darkness
and whisper your name.
i grasp for your hand
and you gently do the same.

there is relief
in the knowledge
you are holding me close
on this night.

for sometimes i lose sight
and vainly try to see.

yet nothing is more clear
than the warmth of your embrace
(the kindness in your eyes)
my faith is overdue....
but

i am slowly
becoming
sure
of you.

© 2008 Kara Emily Krantz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This was amazing. I love how you used the Winnie the Pooh quote. You sent me a comment a while back with another quote, about standing on a bridge and watching the water flow underneath you. It made my think of on Winnie the Pooh when they played "Pooh sticks". Pooh and Piglet threw two sticks into the river on one side of the bridge and ran to the other side to see whose stick made it under first. Me and my little brother James used to play it all the time. I love Winnie the Pooh. Eeyore could be my favorite character ever.

Breathing someone in as they sigh. What a beatuiful thought. That feeling of no matter how thightly you hold somebody, you're never close enough. I love that feeling and hate it.


Posted 17 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

"Oh bother, I've got a rumbly in my tumbly."

I like this one, but it's hard to be sure of anyone aint it?

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

My sparkling diamond I decided to go back into your library and see what I missed before I knew you and once again i am glad I did... this is such a romantic tell of innocent love as it grows and to hearts become one and two souls take a leap of faith together cause deep inside they know there is no ground to stop there love... thats what I take from this soft and eloquent piece of literature.

By the way I love the winnie the pooh quotes(I'm a tigger fan)

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

mmm. nice mergingn of childhood innocence with a relearning and loving of another. fantastic.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nice poem. Not what the title made me think of, but very nice. I thought of the honeybees that are disappearing all over the world and the consequence of it. I think of the agricultural products and beautiful flowers. Most important is the fact that we depend on them. I raised them for years. They were instrumental in my meeting the love of my life as I wrote in INVENTORY. They may well be the canary telling us the end is near. Pooh and I do not desire to live in a world without honey.



Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You are lucky my dear to find such transcendental happiness that makes your heart so sure.I adored this poem it is breathtaking but it does make me wistful.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ah Kara, you truly are amazing, didn't we all love 'ol Pooh(and Tigger too)
I love how you entwined it to this piece
I always felt like the color of jadedness was a honeyish color, was that intent.
Another clever write, becoming a fan more and more
J.P.O.et

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a beautiful poem of love and our simple adoration of the one that holds our hearts. Beautifully put and so sweet. Thank you for sharing!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sometimes love poems can be so personal that you feel almost voyeuristic reading them.
This is like a child looking into a snow globe
the innocent joy, the safety, surety, the trust and belief in something almost magical is a tangible thing.
I think perhaps this is the closest you've let us see inside.
and for that I thank you

Namaste'

Tim

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love how innocent this is. Perhaps because of the reference to Piglet, but its full of honest adoration.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kara...I haven't read your (well, anybody's) poetry in awhile, especially with all the problems on the site, and most of mine was lost. I am slowly adding back. I saw this one because I entered the same contest and I just had to comment...I read all the winning entries, and this one was my personal favorite. Your writing was always consistently good ;)

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

459 Views
61 Reviews
Added on February 8, 2008
Last Updated on February 15, 2008

Author

Kara Emily Krantz
Kara Emily Krantz

http://karaemily.wordpress.com, MA



About
I am resolved to never be content with the lives of "quiet desperation" which so many of us lead, to continuously challenge myself, and forever walk in Beauty. I like pandas. I like writing poe.. more..

Writing