Selecting A Hammer Drill Guide

Selecting A Hammer Drill Guide

A Story by Shauna Allen
"

The hammer drill is used by the professional and homeowner. It is designed with quality materials for durability. You can drill through concrete, metal, wood, and stone. Before you make your purchase

"

When you are considering buying a hammer drill there are some certain factors you ought to take into considerations first. The following are some of these factors that will lead you to buy the most suitable drill for you.


The first consideration should be taking into consideration the type of job you want to do with your hammer drill; if it’s drilling holes in a metal, wood, masonry or if it’s for fastening bolts, mixing mud or driving screws. This forms the first category for choosing the hammer drills. As different hammer drills have different capabilities.


Getting a cordless hammer drill comes pretty handy due to the ease of carrying it around. On the other hand, it runs out of power quickly thus becomes uselessly slow. A mains drill is much more reliable since there is the uninterrupted power supply for as long as it is plugged into the electric socket.




However, with a cordless hammer drill, you can choose the twisting force level for each gear; this prevents screw damage or over tightening. When it comes to mains drills, very few model comes with this option of adjusting gears.


A factor to consider is the hours taken for the battery to charge. Some take less than the hour some up to five hours. Another factor to consider, some drills come with a second battery pack which enables you to use as the other one is charging waiting for its turn.


The weights and sizes of the drill also matter. Bigger drills weighing about 5kg are heavy for most users. Small ones are comfortable to work with and come in handy when working in small spaces.


You should consider also the type of chuck on the drill. There some modern drill that comes with keyless chucks while some older versions need keys when you want to change the bits. The problem arises when you lose the key.

© 2017 Shauna Allen


Author's Note

 Shauna Allen
You should consider also the type of chuck on the drill. There some modern drill that comes with keyless chucks while some older versions need keys when you want to change the bits. The problem arises when you lose the key.
Read More info, visit here.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

207 Views
Added on November 27, 2017
Last Updated on November 27, 2017
Tags: hammer drill, rotary hammer drill, tools kit, buying tips