The Devil Made Me Do It

The Devil Made Me Do It

A Story by Shela Lian
"

Just a short lil story (which, funny enough, WAS my homework that WAS due on 6-6-06) But no, my teacher wasn't this mean >.<

"

    Lisa! The teacher yelled at me. I shrunk back in my seat hoping she wouldn’t see me. I didn’t do my homework. But I had a good reason I swear! I wasn’t lazy and I didn’t forget! I just didn’t do it! I looked at the clock. Why didn’t it happen already?
    Lisa! She yelled again. I raised my hand and whispered. ”here…” She glared at me. I shrunk further in my seat. Oh why was this day so unfair? Didn’t she know we were all going to die? I guess not…
    When she came around checking homework I was trembling. I was dreading the moment she would come to my desk and ask me for my homework. I would obviously say I didn’t have it, because I didn’t. Oh I hated this..
    Finally the dreaded moment came… I could hear her heels clicking down the row of desks to my very own. ‘click, click, click, click’  I wanted to sink into the floor.  “Lisa where is your homework?” she growled, glaring down at me with the black clipboard in her hand, and that awful, awful red pen…
    “I…I don’t have it…” I whispered trying to get away from her stare.
    “And just why not?!” she said menacingly, still glaring at me.
    I looked up into those evil glaring eyes that looked as though they could kill. The teacher alone scared me but the eyes…the eyes topped it all off. “I didn’t think I needed to…we are going to die today…all of us.”
    “What do you mean by this?!” She screamed.
    I hunched down again. She was mad… whispering I responded. “don’t you know the date of the month, day and year?”
    “It just happens I do miss! It is 6-06-2006!” She screamed yet again, sending spit flying. She looked like a rabid dog foaming at the mouth standing there.
    “Yes…the…it’s…I mean…666 is the devils number…He…the devil is…supposed to take over the world…and we are all going to die today…that’s why I…didn’t do my homework…” I said, very quietly.
    Hearing that she got very mad. “You go to the office right now! Detention after school for the next week! Foolishness! Waste of my time!” She stormed down the rest of the row.
    I got up and gathered my things and headed down to the office. I was upset, but I had learned something. Even if you are going to die the day your homework is due…Do your homework…You don’t want detention even if you die…And your parents won’t be happy. I learned the hard way…trust me….

© 2008 Shela Lian


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
KEi
Ha.
I like this.

It's slightly silly.
In a good way.
And It's a bit odd.
In a good way.
And I can absolutely relate to not having done my homework.

And I love the title.

I like your writing style, too.
Descriptive. Nice.
:D

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 11, 2008