Soulmates don't exist.

Soulmates don't exist.

A Poem by sherni

Falling in love with a single person is a natural conspiracy. I don't believe in soulmates or the "meant-to-be-together" crap. We've got so much love in us to give. Why do we direct all or most of it at one person? We have so much time to fall in love with music, the wind, the streets, and rain. Yet we choose to throw away our true freedom and have our time & love consumed by one person. Now, those in love are going to disagree with me, but I'd rather quantify my equally qualified love for those things & personalities that bring me joy than become infatuated with just one soul. Sometimes I feel like the Sun speaks to me. I feel as if he's telling me to expand my love as he expands his light. The only one soul I'd love to fall in love with is one that accepts my freedom to love everything else at the same time. If anything is unconditional love, that is.

© 2014 sherni


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm sorry to see anyone who feels this way. Especially when I can personally attest to the opposing view -- I live it. I've already had 23 years with my soulmate and each year finds us more in love and more devoted to each other. It's not throwing away anything to make that kind of commitment. All the greatest joys of my life have come because of that commitment.

I'm sorry your experience has yet to lead to you to that selfless exchange of true, soulmate love. But, I promise you, it does exist. And it will never close you off or hold you down; but will lift you up and help you be more than you can imagine.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Exactly I don't believe in soul mates either, love is an abstract painting it is the way you see it, it doesn't need a shape or constant. Many people have to find a rule, or a constant, that's why most people cant understand. I really agree with your opinion. I enjoyed this.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

239 Views
2 Reviews
Added on November 8, 2014
Last Updated on November 8, 2014
Tags: conspiracy, natural, falling in love, give, direct, music, wind, rain, streets, throw away, freedom, soul, expand, light, love, unconditional

Author

sherni
sherni

Canada



About
Trying to re-ignite love over and over again, without structure. more..

Writing