Why I started writing...

Why I started writing...

A Story by busymommy04
"

a little story about how and why I started writing.

"
Why I started writing...

    What led you to be a writer? Well, this is a question I could've answered as a little girl because that's when the writing started. I didn't start writing until I turned 8 when my father died of a stroke. And after that moment I wasn't the same person emotionally. Someone that was close to me suggested I start writing in a journal and keep it private. Everything that's in my head, anything I felt at that moment or throughout my day to write it in that journal. So I did, and I actually started to enjoy it. I was writing so much that my mother constantly bought journal notebooks for me to write in.

     At that time, writing was definitely therapy for me and it was working. I had so much hurt and pain in my heart at such a young age that I let it build up to the point that my heart felt really heavy. What was I to do? I was young so I didn't know what to do with that pain, and I didn't want to talk to anyone about it. So writing became my therapist, it allowed me to express what I wanted to say in words anytime and anywhere, it was like I had an on the go listener.

     As time went by, my journal posts turned into short stories and then it turned into poems. Writing allowed me to escape into my mind and pour out everything I wanted to open up about and be creative about it. Writing is my door to allow my readers to become me. To see what I see, hear what i hear and feel what I feel in my writing. That is what led me to write.

© 2013 busymommy04


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on February 22, 2013
Last Updated on February 25, 2013
Tags: story

Author

busymommy04
busymommy04

NC



About
I'm a mother of 4 children, 5 and 3 yr old girls and 7 month old twins (boy and girl). I served in the US Army and have been in the food service industry for 9 years. I have been writing since I was .. more..

Writing
Forget Forget

A Poem by busymommy04