FAITH+LOVE=GOD

FAITH+LOVE=GOD

A Poem by Pratibha

 

 
Lord please help me nullify my past...
Please help me eradicate the rage seething inside my soul...
Please help me detoxify and weld my soul with you...
Please help me take in the beauty of nature in silence......
Please help me choose words carefully...
words which should not hurt any soul...
Help me silence this hailstorm inside me...
Please help me walk with you...
You and me together, hand in hand on soft grass, amidst rain...
...in silence
...complete SILENCE...
Absorbing the soft music of love, the tender touch of breeze,
And Just YOU, JUST ME...
You and me, together forever...
Please help me be “ME”...
Please help me write a new chapter of my life altogether...
Not maligned with Evil shadows of past...
BUT a new chapter...A chapter ...
As FRESH as First rain...
As SWEET as the first words blabbered by my child...
As lovely as a new Bride...
As uncertain as a wild forest with endless possibilities...
Again as certain as the warmth of Mom's lap...
Filled with that first scent of earth after the first rain...
That scent which soothes our souls and takes us towards a destination where there is no place for depression...
And there is no place for tears...
As soft as the dew drops on the grass blades under my feet early morning...
As soft as the petals of chrysanthemum growing in Mom’s garden...
As strong as Baba’s love for me...
As serene and divine as first kiss of morning Sunshine...
As pure as true love...Love in its truest form...
I know YOU will help me...
find that perfect world...the world of promises, the world of innocence, the world of selflessness, the world of peace...
the world of togetherness, the world of sharing without expecting, the world of love, love and more and more love...
And the world of HUGS and KISSES and warmth...
YOU will help me
GROW...With YOU....Together forever and ever and ever...in this world of mine...

© 2009 Pratibha


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

All I should say is: Thanks for writing this. It's a poem that I needed to read and will need to read often.

The language is beautiful and just pure and true. There is not "trying" to be anything except who you are talking to God. Something I must learn how to do.

Absolutely breathtaking and there are lines that will stick with me. And the smell of rain.


Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I needed this... So very much.
I thank you for writing it, now my day isn't half as bad as it was earlier.
This poem is truly beautiful and speaks like nothing else can.
Thank you again for writing. ^^

Posted 12 Years Ago


I feel like you got in my head and wrote down all of my thoughts. This was so nice, and I relate and feel it more than I can express.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I absolutely love this poem!! It's full of power and it's beautifully written. This is definately going on my favorites. Great work!!!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Love this poem. REAAAALLLY love this poem. I want to see more of this. (=

Posted 12 Years Ago


Pratibha,

*Pause, Deep Thoughts, Back to the Poem, Pause in thought, Breathe*

Ahhh~ Now that I have gotten that out of my system, I have only one request... Please Please Place this write in Poetic Infusion Society's Enlightenment Contest.

Now, I need to inform you that you have a brilliant piece here. I will go back for reference time and time again.

Enjoy'd,

Legacy

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Reading this made me think, "Wow, this should be in the Bible in the book of Psalms!" This is definitely something a struggling Christian should read on the daily. I thank God soo much for giving you the gift that has been given to you. This is amazing. Heaven sent. I would definitely need to read it everyday.


God bless.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Prati--
It's been a long time since we chatted, so you must know I was delighted to get this notice today!
Generally, I am not a great fan of blank verse, but this...This is something else again!
It's a prayer, no other word for it, and the heartfelt sincerity of it, the childlike simplicity of it,
the genuine yearning of it sets it apart from any others of its ilk...If indeed there ARE any others of its ilk!
Wonderful, wonderful work, my friend! Keep it up!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Wow! This is an awesome heart surrendering write, that God not only hears but will answer in ways you may never have imagined. It it is so well penned from your heart and soul as your love and faith flow through every line. This is definitely going into my favorites.

Posted 15 Years Ago


classical poetry at its best, this is incrediblely subtle and sculpted in passionate geniusness, I loved the flow and yearning and desire for hope and strength that inspires the heart tomove forward,
the meaning has a divine depth and in many ways uplifts the reader, thoughtfully and spiritually
thank you for sharing such gems


Posted 15 Years Ago


All I should say is: Thanks for writing this. It's a poem that I needed to read and will need to read often.

The language is beautiful and just pure and true. There is not "trying" to be anything except who you are talking to God. Something I must learn how to do.

Absolutely breathtaking and there are lines that will stick with me. And the smell of rain.


Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

652 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 6 Libraries
Added on March 21, 2009
Last Updated on April 22, 2009

Author

Pratibha
Pratibha

London,Ontario, Canada



About
Well, i am 32 years old and a mother of a 5years old naughty but cute son, Sreyansh. I am at present at home taking care of him. When he starts his school this summer, i will go back to my job as a cl.. more..

Writing
KAVERI KAVERI

A Story by Pratibha



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


My Hammer My Hammer

A Poem by Sean Allen


A Prayer A Prayer

A Poem by Roy