The incredibly talented and gifted Dimitra Barla

The incredibly talented and gifted Dimitra Barla

A Story by starpower
"

Greece's own Dimitra Barla is making a huge impact on the entertainment industry with her inspirational work as an actress and director!

"


Dimitra Barla is a dancer turned actress who loves the thrill of the stage. She has been performing since the young age of five.  She began her performing career as a classical dancer, then moving on to contemporary dance, and finally falling head over heels in love with acting at the age of ten. 

Dimitra attended the Embros Drama School as soon as she graduated high school at 18 and received a Diploma in Acting from the Greek Ministry of Culture after she completed her full four years in school. She then moved to London to pursue her Masters in Acting at the East 15 Acting School. Dimitra recalls this as being the best decision of her life.  She would spend her summers in Toronto, Canada where she trained with the Le Theatre De L’Homme Company, Dimitra performed Antony and Cleopatra at the Globe Theatre, which was a memorable experience for her.

This multi talented performer is also a phenomenal actress who has many accomplishments, under her belt. Dimitra has been in multiple films and commercials, as well as being heavily involved in theatre. She has had leading roles in numerous theatrical performances such as Last Night I Met You Dreaming, Dona Rosita, and Medusa: The Lady In The Mirror.  Dimitra has also featured as the lead in many films such as Not By Choice, Fire and Ice, Take This Waltz, Nausicaa, and The Pine Tree of the Ocean

Dimitra is excited for her first Greek feature film to be screened at the renowned Thessaloniki International Film Festival. She is also working on a project that is commissioned by the London Film School.  It is a collection of short films that center around life in London. There is also another short film Dimitra starred in entitled The Flight of Iro and Casper that is being distributed in several festivals, which she is very excited about. This beautiful Greek all round entertainer is an amazingly talented actress and director who is doing astounding things in the film industry.  

© 2015 starpower


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

633 Views
Added on August 19, 2015
Last Updated on August 19, 2015
Tags: dimitra barla

Author

starpower
starpower

Los Angeles, CA



About
Writer, Celebrity Reporter more..

Writing