Ally Kornfeld's Following Her Passion

Ally Kornfeld's Following Her Passion

A Story by starpower
"

Ally Kornfeld Living Her Best Life!

"



They say that making someone laugh is the hardest thing to do in storytelling. Thus, you have to recognize someone like Ally for making the art of comedic storytelling a career, as admirable. Ally Kornfeld embodies the passion for comedy, excelling at the craft as both a writer and producer.

 

Born and raised on a hobby farm in the Australian outback, Ally studied business at Queensland University of Technology, then taught English in China before shifting her aspirations and purpose to a career in the entertainment industry. She produced news and lifestyle content at local community television stations and worked on Hollywood productions filming in Australia including, The Starter Wife (USA Network), and Jodie Foster's production of Nim’s Island. With ambition to be a creative force in storytelling and the filmmaking process, Ally studied screenwriting at Australias elite film school, AFTRS, then improv at Amy Poehlers theater company UCB, in New York City where she was taught by her comedy heroes: Eliza Skinner, Jorden Klepper, Craig Rowin and Shannon ONeill.

 

Professionally, Ally began her writing career writing and producing for comedy troupes that performed a new show every three weeks for sold-out audiences at the Magnet Theater in Chelsea, New York. Her sketches have been performed internationally at festivals including: Montreal Sketchfest, Chicago Sketchfest, New York City Sketchfest, Philly Sketchfest, and Boston Comedy Arts Fest. A milestone highlight of Allys career was winning the ATX Television Festivals Pitch Competition for her comedy television series. The accolades led to the developing a professional pitch with an ex-development executive from Sony and the opportunity to pitch content to Comedy Central, Happy Madison, and FX networks. 

 

Working with incredible storytellers including industry pro, Jeffery Leiber (Showrunner of The Originals, NCIS New Orleans and a co-creator of Lost). I’ve learned so much from him and have had the pleasure of being part of the writers’ room and process as he created 15 episodes of a new sci-fi show about AI coming to Quibi, directed by Catherine Hardwicke and co-created with YouTube star, Charlie McDonnell.

 

With aggressive determination and focus, Allys career credits include co-writing an episode of the comedy series, Warigami, for the CW and CBC, articles in the popular satirical magazine Reductress, episodes of Fun Science with Charlie McDonnell, and is currently a staff writer of TXT Stories - stories told through text message on Facebook Watch with three millions followers. Ally co-wrote a series comedy pilot, that she produced that will be released later this year.

 

Currently, Ally is producing and writing new TXT Stories coming out each week on Facebook Watch. She is preparing for the Los Angeles screening of her comedy pilot, The Influencers at Rita House. Ally’s episode of Warigami for CW Seed/CBC - will be airing later this season.

 

There is nothing funny about Ally Kornfelds Hollywood dreams as they are coming true. Her stories are being told on the screen as a successful industry writer and producer. Allys advice to fellow storytellers and comedians and aspiring writers is “I’ve learned that when you focus on the craft and art of storytelling or monitoring the response you get from an audience, you end up meeting like-minded people and growing together.


© 2019 starpower


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

243 Views
Added on March 15, 2019
Last Updated on April 8, 2019
Tags: ally kornfeld, hollywood

Author

starpower
starpower

Los Angeles, CA



About
Writer, Celebrity Reporter more..

Writing