The Darkened One Of Fire

The Darkened One Of Fire

A Stage Play by Joanna Maharis
"

This is a story about man looking for a new hope after spending many long, harsh, years in darkness.

"
(Enter the Narrator.)

Narrator
(Speaking directly to the audience)

There is true music in the song that bleeds. One whose seed speaks humble praises to the mighty light that burns throughout the longevity of Orion. Throughout vivid ages of time comes the remission of all wrongful deeds of the siren who dances under her own duress in the hours of the wicked where the beams continue to burn throughout liquid dreams that emerge from the blind cavity of the abyss.

(Enter Salem wih Siren.)

(Exit the Narrator.)

Siren gets down on her hands and knees to kneel before Salem.

Siren:

Oh, Salem, my light has been burning throughout the ages for all eternity. As it seems, I may never recover from the unjust. The Gods of the Stream have betroth me to the languid myhrr man of savage beasts that corrodes my light. Come visit me in the dreamy cast in thou wicked delight, and I shall share my creamy drams with thee in all that purity shall encumber. For I shall become your eyes in the needle of the camel who burns through the blazing sun thou shall in all my days linger be serve you for the rest of my death only to contain life in the stars.

Salem puts his left hand ontop of Siren's head.

Salem:

I accept your humble song as my bride; however, I wish to be humbled by your chanting gifts of sanctification. Lower your beams of hallow seeds so the Tree of Life may be planted in the womb of Mother Earth. Drink, I say of the hallow waters that visit you at night when you sleep in the rye of the rhine. Sanctify will I do your virtues in exchange for your crimson tides of sleep, and then, and only then, shall the drums of the dead beseech you for your driven milk that longs to be set free from your bosom.

Salem takes Sirens moist hands that have been blanketed with her tears.

Salem:

Arise, my child. For all shall be granted unto you.

Siren stands up and kisses Salem's hands as she washes them with her tears.

(Exit Salem with Siren.)

(Enter the Narrator.)

Narrator:

On through the ages to come, Siren followed Salem's commands unto her only to be caught up in the vicious cycle of rain and fire, to be hallowed out through this vivid illusion of strain through her demise of her own following. She drank of the sacred waters who besought her maddened heart, only to swallow her own bitter herbs and turn the purity of the liquid light into a murky shade of red. For this was the bloodshed caused by the God of War. There shall burn through her veins a fire like no other. For man has become her slave and she the slave to the God of Fire. She continues to burn in the redness of the sky throughout the Kingdom of Hades's crowned Prince Leighton, where forever embalmed are the Soulful Children with their tongues of fire.

(Enter the Soulful Children.)

(Exit the Narrator.)

The Soulful Children frolic in all their madness and shrieking. They then fall to their knees and raise their hands up in the air.

Soulful Children:
(They cry out.)

Save us, oh Holy One that burns through the power of the sun. For we shiver inside our own walls of deceit and drown within the waters of our own agony. Come! Send us an angel from the light of Heaven's Gates, to enlighten us in the ways of you. Oh, Lord of all Creation. Allow us to drink from the waters of sanctification, so our flesh shall come alive in the vivid star, and guide the praiseworthy home to your embellished sunset. Deliver us, oh Holy One, from the prince known as The Darkened One of Fire. We shall not want more than you allow us to be or to gain. Wealth be not our stroke of sin, but the song of your own sheared sheep. For we shall keep thy covenant to praise your name in all that is pure, in all that is the Kingdom of Heaven. Drape us with the blanket of hope, and surmise our wrongful deeds with the song of soulful children who play in your earthly belly. Let the syrup of your blood ready us for greater salvation to come our way in our being humbled by your glorified presence. For let no end come to our existence. For only you are the true Age of Reason.

(Exit the Soulful Children.)

(Enter the Narrator.)

Narrator:

The Soulful Children emerged from the depths of Hades, only to seek out the one and only pure delight of all tha angelic hosts. She came to be known as the Angel of Love, who was once the Siren, of Hades himself. Through painted hours of defeat, she arose through her own longevity of fire, and her evil deeds never came to be in the eyes of the Lord, on the basis she never transgressed against her own pure heart. For she embodies all that is holy in the sight of the Beings of Creation. For the Mother of All Mothers has rested her hands on the ivory soul of the ageless visions of love's pure light, that continues to burn throughout all the holistic bodies in the stars of Heaven's breath.

(Enter the Angel of Love.)

(Exit the Narrator.)

Angel of Love:
(Speaks out to the lost Souls of Hades, while she gazes down upon them from Heaven's Gates.)

Come, for I beseech you, the Crown of Glorified Masses, to yield your own crop as you would your own bodies. For they shall be fed with the myhrr in Heaven's name and by the grace of all that his holy and just. Come condense your Fatherly woes and be not with wicked thought or deed. For the hour has come for you to dwell in the praises of the Almighty himself. Never be succombed by all that is unholy, but drink of the salvation that lulls you to sleep in the days of thunder.

(Exit the Angel of Love.)

(Enter the Narrator.)

Narrator:

And so the Souls of the Damned commissioned their sins and righted their wrongs only to dance in the light of the sun, singing their praises and dancing throughout the ages of the diseased flames, to remise their thoughts for purification of their souls, lest the lesser deities burn through the walls of their phlegm, but the song continues to be sounded by the horns of the feverish goat.

© 2008 Joanna Maharis


Author's Note

Joanna Maharis
What do you think of the dialogue?

My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think it is very uplifting and enlightening... I liked the Siren and Salem being humbled by each other for that is what love should be bout.

Posted 15 Years Ago


The Dialoge was phonomanal and the play itself was fantastic. Alot of imegry and metaphores was placed into this, Though some of it got a little confusing all together I`d give it a 4 1/2 stars.

Posted 15 Years Ago


The dialogue generally flows really well, but sometimes you use phrases that seem to lose meaning. What are "vivid ages" or "creamy dreams"? Don't get me wrong, this is already very good, but it needs a bit of polishing and maybe rephrasing certain things, so that their meaning is clearer.

Posted 15 Years Ago


The dialogue flows well. I can see the characters really clearly. Good work!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

292 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 10, 2008
Last Updated on December 29, 2008

Author

Joanna Maharis
Joanna Maharis

Kalamazoo, MI



About
Graduate of Western Michigan University with a BA degree in Writing, which has been my passion since the tender age of six. Grew up in Kalamazoo, Michigan where I currently reside. I love to read al.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..