RACISM

RACISM

A Story by Suraj Menon
"

This is a story with a social valu and a tragic end

"

RACISM

It had been 22 years since Rohan’s parents had moved to America from their hometown just before giving birth to him.

 

He’s life-time ambition was to become a civil servant in America as he wanted to abolish racism from the country. He himself was a victim of racism on colour. Everyone used to tease him both in school and college and many others bullied him.

 

The civil service exam day arrived in no time. He wrote the exam well.

 

1 MONTH LATER

Rohan anxiously opened up the internet on his computer and went the website where the civil service exam results were displayed. Suddenly, his face became numb with shock, he had failed the exam. He couldn’t fight back his tears and suddenly broke into a fit of tears.

 

He then started studying for M.BA because you could write the civil service exam, only once.

3 YEARS LATER

Rohan got employed in a soap manufacturing company. Even in the company he was verbally abused and teased by his job mates. There was one guy named Steve, who had been working in the company for 15 years. Everyone respected him. He always asked others to stop abusing Rohan. Gradually Rohan and Steve became close friends.

 

But Rohan couldn’t tolerate the racism. So he decided to start his own soap-manufacturing company by recruiting Indian M.BA pass-outs.

 

1 YEAR LATER.

Rohan’s new company was now close to defeating his old company in sales. That was when he received a call from his friend, Steve, saying that Steve had become manager of Rohan’s old Company. Rohan felt happy for him.

 

NEXT DAY

The next day, Rohan was lying dead in his room. Steve walked out of the room murmuring to himself, “I don’t value a stupid Indian blabbering about racism to defeat my company”.

© 2012 Suraj Menon


Author's Note

Suraj Menon
I hope you give me the prize.....I also think I have presented a social value through a nice story with A tragic and surprising climax

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

55 Views
Added on August 10, 2012
Last Updated on August 10, 2012

Author

Suraj Menon
Suraj Menon

Kochi, Edappally, India



About
I love to write and read....So you should try to love my writings more..

Writing
Sorrow Sorrow

A Poem by Suraj Menon