The Wrong Funeral

The Wrong Funeral

A Poem by Norma M Sutton
"

Tongue in cheek look at the stories told at funerals

"
When I die
And am laid to rest
Tell the worst
Tell the best

Please don't make
The people guess
Was it me
Please confess

When I die
And am laid to rest
Don't just sigh
And tell the best

As I hover over head
And listen to
Words being said
Of me and you

Let me hear words
Clear and true
Don't make it up
And make me guess

Don't make me guess
Is it me or . . .
Am I at
The wrong funeral

© 2011 Norma M Sutton


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Now imagine that! LOL...

Posted 11 Years Ago


Smiling! I love this little poem. The tales we weave at funerals!

Posted 12 Years Ago


creative....but oh so true! def a thought that has crossed my mind! love the way you worded it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is really good. I like the idea, very unique. It reminds me of The Adventures of Tom Sawyer when he goes to his own funeral to listen to what people have to say about him.

Posted 13 Years Ago


wow! that is great. it is really intersting and at the same time saddening. death is everybody's turn. we all should wait for it and we hope that people tell the best about us. and they really know who we were and how we lived. i'm sure that you are the best, as long as you do the best.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Would be interesting to see what people say bout you at your funeral... certainly a good time to know who really cared... sometimes that when people finally realize what someone meant to them.

very humorous poem.

Posted 13 Years Ago


flashing back on all the stories I have heard , maybe because they know they are being watched ...

Posted 13 Years Ago


Ha! I wonder if that's what happens. One thing I've learned people grieve in different ways. Some people get very angry at the person who has died. I think to be polite people try to think of sweet things to say about the person who has died. With horrible people, I guess there is just quiteness. Ha!

Posted 13 Years Ago


What, no white washing? Nothing but the truth? Even harder than telling grandma that her cookies taste bad is the tendency to, uh, shall we say, smooth out one's rough edges at their funeral.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

352 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 13, 2011
Last Updated on February 13, 2011

Author

Norma M Sutton
Norma M Sutton

Bostic, NC



About
Norma Moore Sutton has written and published two children's books: The First Lamb and Harry Goes To The Fair She has written and published the first book in the Haunting Memories Series: Matthe.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..