Here's to you, kid.

Here's to you, kid.

A Story by Systemic Apathy
"

This is a kind of a prose letter to my boyfriend. If I can get away with it the last half is pretty much going to be my wedding vows =)

"
Play me in Maestro. 1, 2, 3, 4.... And silence fills the stage and I choke... Without you as a sounding board I'm falling on deaf ears. This house has silenced me, but your words ring loud in the empty rooms and I miss the sound of my own voice.

You're not here when you're home... I think I've interrupted something between you and yourself. I feel as though I'm an intruder; more like a room mate than a lover.

But you can be so warm. So tender and gentle. You hate it when I watch you, but its something I can't help. You're so beautiful when I pull you apart. Green eyes that change colour at whim, softest lips I've ever kissed, the slight curve of your collar bone, silky black hairs on your chest, your stomach is guaranteed to make me want you and the dip where your skin stretches across hip bones is my favourite spot on your body.

I want to memorise every curve, every line, the way every inch of you feels... I want to keep relearning your body til there's nothing left. I want it to be me who gets to watch your final show, because I know that after this there is no encore. Oh baby, won't you be the one to play me out?

With you, I don't get bored. I don't get tired of you. I don't crave my old life; I crave new beginnings. You are my best friend. You are the warmth on the other side of the bed. You are everything I ever wanted, or needed.

And so here's to you, kid. It's not keeping secrets... It's just that sometimes I'm not sure that you hear what I say. And sometimes I just need someone who knows how to listen to me. And sometimes I want to grab you and hold you and tell you that I love you. I'll leave the rest of this to songs and silence.

© 2010 Systemic Apathy


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
Added on March 4, 2010
Last Updated on March 4, 2010

Author

Systemic Apathy
Systemic Apathy

Australia



About
I write poetry. Occaisionally I will write a story, but that generally gets left to those more apt and having been endowed with greater attention spans. Sometime in my early years, someone left a magn.. more..

Writing
Letter Letter

A Story by Systemic Apathy