WHY ARE MENTALLY ILL TREATED WITH SUCH DISRESPECT?

WHY ARE MENTALLY ILL TREATED WITH SUCH DISRESPECT?

A Story by john Robinson
"

BEING CALLED A LIAR,AND HAVING THREATS THROWN IN YOUR FACE,ADD UP TO BAD RESULTS.

"
I spent three years active,and three years inactive in the army. I was stationed in Germany.  I returned to New York in '97. I found myself homeless for the first fourteen months,before i was taken in by an organization that housed homeless mentally ill. I was diagnosed Bipolar.
 I was with them for over 15 years. I have a nice one bedroom apartment where I live with my three furry kids. Everything was going pretty well until the organization went down in 2014. Unbeknownst to me,my apartment was taken over by some other organization that I had never heard of. One day there's a knock on my door, and there stood some lady saying that she was now my caseworker. She would then make it a habit of just showing up to my apartment unannounced. 

She was a self righteous,hypocrital liar that felt that she was my boss. If i opened the door without a shirt on,she would tell me to put one on. She called herself an animal lover,but always wanted me to move my cat,when all the cat wanted was to be petted. I would ask her why she never called. She would reply that she did. I would check my phone,(both of them),and there was never a voicemail or notice of a missed call coming from her. I began to despise her,because she always simply did what she wished. She was impossible to work with. Finally I was lucky enough to have someone else become my caseworker. Recently she shows up with two other bodies. 

One was her supervisor,and the other was some punk that said he was the program director. The women who was once my caseworker,and who i was so happy to never see again,began releasing a flurry of lies. How she hadn't seen me for months. How she attempted to contact me through phone and mail. Both were lies. I had no calls from her on my phone,and i had only received one letter that was shoved through the door. I followed up on that. This is the thing that really upsets me. I had to stand there and listen to her lie,while her supervisor covered,and the so-called program director took their side. Nothing I said had been taken into consideration. 

She had made me out to be the liar. Then on top of that. I was threatened by the program director. This person stated that he would kick me out of my apartment of 21 years. He sounded like a bad Sopranos imitation. Many of these organizations,homeless shelters child protective services,will make you out to be the bad guy,if it means saving their own a*s. If you bow down and play dead,you have no problem,but once you speak up,once you point out their inconsistencies. They turn it against you. This case worker had no evidence what so ever. She stumbled on her own words. She brought up 2015,which absolutely confused me,but then I realised. 

She's full of it,and the other two are covering. That's how they work. These organizations paint a pretty picture. On their websites,media. Anything to get contributions,and I don't doubt that there are great organizations out there,and maybe the organization that has taken over my apartment is a good one. Yet. They will always favor the worker over the client.It's the human element. There are good and bad. She's bad,but the client is just that-a client. Think about that the next time something goes awry. I don't like being called a liar,and having some midget threaten me. I am quite educated,and if it came down to it. I would bring their house down. Before you get the wrong idea. I mean that in a legal sense.

Treat people equally....

© 2017 john Robinson


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
Added on February 23, 2017
Last Updated on February 23, 2017
Tags: mentally ill, case workers, omh, dmh, truth, lies, threats, Death, right, wrong.jdr, tawakwan, john robinson

Author

john Robinson
john Robinson

Jamaica, NY



About
I like being me,but I despise my life. It's the old saying,"if it weren't for bad luck,I would have no luck at all". Then again I did spend twenty one years in Germany after I left the army. I did tou.. more..

Writing