I want to be the one who...

I want to be the one who...

A Poem by Taylor Munnerlyn

I want to be the one who is going to wait a million years... for you.

I want to be the one who gets to see that cute grin you use when you look at me…every single day.

I want to be that one who laughs at your jokes…smiles at your embrace…and blushes at your existence.

I want to be the one who is always there for you…no matter the situation.

I want to be the one whose hand you hold and say…'This is my girl.'

I want to be the one who makes you nervous, blush, and anxious all at the same time…the way you make me feel.

I want to be the one who  has aching legs from running through your mind...all day.

I want  to be the one whose heart beats fast and slow at the same time…because of you.

I want to be the one who gets lost in your eyes…the one who can't breathe when you kiss them.

I want to be the one who can say, 'I'm addicted to you…' because you are my drug…the only one I want.

I want to be the one who makes you the happiest you've ever been…

© 2024 Taylor Munnerlyn


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love how sweet and romantic this is..... it has such emotion and such strong meaning.
I love it, such a full of love kinda peace.
It deserved a place in my contest so well done :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pros: It conveys a feeling of longing, which I like. Conveying emotions is good. And I like the repetition of "I want to be the one"

Cons: Not much of a con, just that I'm left wondering if the girl got what she wanted in the end. I assume she did.

Overall: This is a good poem, one I'm sure many of us can relate to. I know I can.

Posted 13 Years Ago


i like this one :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

291 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 14, 2010
Last Updated on March 22, 2024

Author

Taylor Munnerlyn
Taylor Munnerlyn

houston, TX



About
i will probably be the most happy, fun, bubbly, random, laid back, hyper, weird but yet exciting and fascinating girl you will ever meet, and trust me...you'll never forget me. more..

Writing