The Martyr of Light

The Martyr of Light

A Poem by theking
"

I'm not entirely sure what this is. Found it while digging around in my closet. It could be some sort of prophecy thing.

"
"And the dark lord reigned hell unto the earth, for the martyr of light hath wreak havoc unto his evil ways and the demons of the night feast upon the shadows of the land. So the martyr of light glared out onto the night, where he knew the mighty monsters of hell resided, and he cried out unto them "Forever shall our legacy eradicate yours for shadows are but a mere presence, not a being of life". The beasts of death came forth, to prove themselves worthy of the titles bestowed upon them by the human race. The martyr raised up his chin, and with it went the pride of all humanity. The beasts cried out at the sight of such strength, and fled back into the shadowy mountains from which they came."

© 2013 theking


Author's Note

theking
So, I know its pretty raw, and doesn't really make any sense, but I thought I may as well publish it just for the hell of it. Please, review it and rate it, or either of the two! Thanks guys.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the term 'Martyr.' I rarely see it used. So seeing it, is awesome. Even though it is raw, it has it's own plus side. It seems like it'd fit in some fantasy story I wrote. I might put it up here for everyone to see. You might like it, I dunno.

Anyways, This was nice. I liked the words used. Old English hits home with me, when used correctly. The way you used imagery, made me visualize it. Very nice indeed.

Posted 10 Years Ago


It is deep, and dark...and yet, it speaks to me.
Of course, the "martyr of light" is none other than our own beloved Jesus Christ.
Who else "hath wreaked havoc on their evil ways"? Who else could say, with perfect honesty, ""Forever shall our legacy eradicate yours for shadows are but a mere presence, not a being of life". For Who is the Ultimate "Being of Life"?
I don't think it's all that "raw"...but then, I'm no expert. But I know what I like, and I love this!


Posted 11 Years Ago


Angel

11 Years Ago

P.S. This is the very first piece I've added to "My Library".
theking

11 Years Ago

Well thank you very much for adding it to your library, I had no idea someone would like it so much!.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

599 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 28, 2013
Last Updated on April 28, 2013
Tags: prophecy, religion, martyr, light, god, freedom, beasts, revelation, feast, forever, legacy

Author

theking
theking

TX



About
To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can man die better Than facing fearful odds, For the ashes of his fathers And the temples of his Gods? more..

Writing
The King The King

A Poem by theking