Captivating

Captivating

A Poem by Lady Tyke
"

I wrote this just now after writing an email to a beautiful friend of mine telling her how I feel.

"

 

Droplets of salted ice glisten as I type, my hardened heart gradually breaking as I speak from a loneliness which penetrates me. The silent crystals wash over my flushed skin, cooling a sudden raging fire of passion. Hopeless, lost, scared, each emotion a flaming tongue melting my strength. Absently I rest a hand on my swollen stomach, feeling the loving caress of a foot or knee as a creation growing within me moves, seemingly trying to reassure it’s hurting mother.

The flat is silent, no-one yet awake to see my weakness, this privet moment where I allow myself to emerge from a walled citadel, to look out over green lands, and blue skies. Gentle breezes, flowing white dresses, the world as it should be, a daisy chain crown marking my innocent nobility. Despite everything I know this is who I am, that this is what my King sees when he looks at me and it gives me strength, it gives me peace, and as I look into my imaginary sky I see his face watching me, his eyes full of love with a triumphant smile on his lips. He knows he’s not lost me, he knows I wont wonder far from his kingdom, he knows he’s won the battle for my heart and that I am eternally his. A blue eyed, brown haired princess with a new creation, knitted in his mind, given as a gift to me. Nothing else matters, not even the tears which now rain in happiness at the reminder that he finds me captivating.

© 2008 Lady Tyke


Author's Note

Lady Tyke
I know it's just a chunk of writing but I couldn't think of how to set it out so any suggestions feel free.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ach, to be properly alive...full of life literally! Marvellous! And at such a young age when you are still learning about this great experience of life yourself. But from the way you are and the way you write I think you are going to be alright. After all you have heavenly forces on your side. And your instinct to be a mother is a very strong one. There is nothing like that moment when the new born looks up and mother and child eyes' meet for the first time!

Posted 15 Years Ago


A baby; a mother; what seems to be God himself in love;
more than creation, the existence is inevitable, not just your birth and the birth of yur words, but a love so grand and sweet as this: an elixir of TRUE LOVE illuminating such painted skies in my mind, and I can't say more than how much I adore this poem; how much admiration I have for your gift.
You are talented beyond a person knowing they have a talent:
here to illustrate a quiet chapter of the book of your soul, coming to life;
it already has.

It is perfect.


(CAPTIVATING)



Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

258 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 4, 2008

Author

Lady Tyke
Lady Tyke

United Kingdom



About
Welcome to my mind ... good luck finding your way out. If you want to know more about me read my work. If you think you've figured me out then, please, feel free to tell me your findings because I .. more..

Writing
Teasing Teasing

A Story by Lady Tyke


A Kiss A Kiss

A Story by Lady Tyke


Not Angry Not Angry

A Poem by Lady Tyke