cindervamps

cindervamps

A Story by thornyrose
"

a gothic twist on Cinderella...

"

Once upon a time tragedy struck Ravenswood a small town outside New Orleans. The king Vincent Cinders died of a stake through the heart. The whole town was in uproar at a stranger extinguishing the life of their ruler. Damon Cinders was six years old and Vincent’s only son and heir. When Vincent died Damon was left to live with his demonic vampire, step mother Prudence Salt and her two equally evil daughters Rose and Faith.

On the day of Vincent’s funeral Prudence locked Damon away to be raised by the servants so she on Damon’s 18th birthday could claim he had disappeared and she would be the rightful heir as Vincent’s widow.

‘Damon have you made my bed?’ said Rose

‘Yes madam’

‘Damon have you polished my shoes?’ said Faith

‘Yes madam’

‘Damon why is my kitchen overrun with filthy dishes?’ screeched Prudence

‘Sorry Lady Prudence I’ve just been so busy caring for my stepsisters every whim’ exclaimed Damon

‘Boy I don’t care if you have to split your scrawny body into two, you will look after me, your sisters and your chores or you will wish for death like your useless father’ Prudence screamed

‘Sorry Lady Prudence I will try my best, but please don’t say badly about my father’ cried Damon with a hint of suspiciousness

‘Boy you will not try you will do, now get out of my sight before I strike you down’

With that said Damon scampered away to the servant’s chambers. Damon felt alone in this world he had no father, his only friend was a servant women called Meredith Coal who had been a servant for Damon’s father and he had never seen what outside looks like.

Meredith often told Damon stories of what the grass felt like under her feet, the sun shining on her face, wind blowing the hair from her face. He loved hearing about the world but wished Meredith would tell him about his father but she couldn’t or Lady Prudence would fire her and admit her to the brothel for servant rejects. In the brothel Meredith would be humiliated and degraded by men both rich and poor. Even the thought of the brothel terrified Meredith and no matter how much keeping Damon’s father a secret hurt Meredith she knew she couldn’t tell him or he would be left to the mercy of Prudence and her left to the mercy of men.

‘Lady Prudence a letter has arrived from Princess Lorna daughter of King Drake Le Mon, of Estelle Mansion just outside New Orleans. He’s holding a festival in honour of my father. The one to marry his daughter gets to take over our town my lady.’ Said Damon filled with so much excitement his fangs began to show.

‘Give me that boy and get back to your chores’ shouted Prudence.

‘My Lady would I be able to go to the festival, I would love to be surrounded by my father’s loyal subjects.’ Sighed Damon

‘Boy I will make you a deal if you finish your chores and make your sisters look spectacular for meeting the princess and be dressed yourself all before the hearse picks us up at midnight then I shall let you attend.’ Sniggered Lady Prudence.

‘Yes my Lady’ screeched Damon ready to burst with excitement.

Damon ran made the beds, steamed his sisters dresses, cleaned out the fire, did the dishes… chores finished he started getting ready in the servant chambers when suddenly he heard the door slam shut followed by Rose and Faith bursting with laughter in the distance.

‘He really believed mother would let him go to the festival of such a renowned King and let him find out he was the heir to Ravenswood’ giggled Rose and Faith

Damon began sobbing into his tattered teddy bear, the only thing he had from his father. All of a sudden the teddy’s eye began to glimmer and a burst of blinding light emerged and landed in the corner of the room.

‘My son, how you have grown. It’s time we teach that murderer ex-wife of mine a lesson to not mess with our town.’ Said Vincent.

‘Father? Is that you? How?’ Damon said confused.

‘Yes son I can’t watch you being kept from your rightful place on my throne. My friend King Drake Le Mon is throwing this festival not in my honour but yours son. Everybody thinks you have died long ago, not Drake he knows Prudence has you in her care but Meredith is human and keeps vampires out of my manor as much as possible, so this festival is Drake’s way of trying to lour you out so he can help you bring Ravenswood out of despair.’ Explained Vincent.

‘Father I’m locked in this room and why would Lady Prudence keep me from your throne?’

‘Son if you don’t show at that festival she is able to take my throne and gain the power of being able to live in both darkness and light for eternity. And her taking my throne means Drake’s Daughter won’t be able to take his throne when he dies because Prudence will have control of both towns. So we need to get a move on son.’

With that said the door opened and Damon followed the ghost of his father running out into the front garden. At the bottom of the pot hole ridden path sat a deep purple hearse. ‘Son of you go and claim your rightful place and put everything back to the way it was. But I must warn you if you are not back inside by sun rise you will die so dance the night away under the moon with Princess Lorna and Drake will protect you from the sun and Lady Prudence.

With that the hearse sped off into the darkness towards Drake Le Mons mansion. Damon was filled with anger, his eyes gleaming blood red and his fangs on full show, ‘she murdered my father…that b***h murdered my father!’ Screamed Damon. He wanted to kill Lady Prudence but he would have to talk to Drake first and let him know he’s alive. Then they would deal with Lady Prudence and her two atrocious daughters.

 

Too be continued…

© 2015 thornyrose


Author's Note

thornyrose
any advice on grammar or any ideas on were you'd like me to take the story? thanks

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

227 Views
Added on August 15, 2015
Last Updated on August 15, 2015
Tags: gothic, short, fantasy, fiction

Author

thornyrose
thornyrose

belfast, United Kingdom



About
hi everyone I am 21 and have only got back into writing. most of my writing is gothic and fantasy but the odd time theres happily ever afters ... very few but yes they exist... I write poems, shor.. more..

Writing