Light at the End of the Tunnel

Light at the End of the Tunnel

A Story by Tina Marie

Based on article written by:  Joss Whedon 


       How many of us are looking for the light at the end of the tunnel?  What about the (angels) men and women that make way for our light at the end of the tunnel? Many miners are killed  from carbon monoxide poisoning. Explosions in mines around the country are the main cause.

There have been 36 fatalities at U.S. mines this year, according to the federal Department of Labor. There have been 15 mining deaths in Colorado in the past decade, according to the Mine Safety and Health Administration.

In Colorado, the industry extracts a variety of minerals valued at more than $2 billion annually from coal, gold, gypsum, limestone, silver, molybdenum, soda ash and sodium bicarbonate.

     A  miner was brought to the surface after spending 52 hours trapped 100 m underground in a collapsed mine.  He came out unscathed from the Victoria mine, in the northern Atacama region.

Rescue teams found out he was alive when he used a hammer to bang on metal tubes running through the shaft to communicate with them.


     "I started hitting and they too, so we made contact. It was a great joy, because (I knew) I was going to see my son, my mum, my family. I'm happy." "God told me what to do."


The miners' return to the surface through a small shaft was broadcast around the world. (Mario Torres Lopez).

     On August 5, 2010, a major collapse was experienced in the San Jose Copper Mine near Copiapo, Chile leaving 33 miners trapped 2,300 feet from the surface.  For the next 69 days, working around the clock, rescuers worked feverishly to get them out safety.  On October 13th, all 33 of the miners were pulled from the mine in a rescue capsule designed and built by the Chilean Navy.  This rescue came following the longest period of entrapment on record.

     Every now and then we need to be reminded that God's timing is perfect.  He is not bound by time like we are. When we're going through what seems like an endless tunnel, feeling almost trapped by the circumstances that have surrounded us, we can become overwhelmed because "nothing seems to make sense."  

     

 John 8:12 ~  "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." 


    In John 8:12 Jesus says He is the Light of the world and if we follow Him we will NEVER walk in darkness.  The world in which we live is dark because of sin.  However, if we follow Jesus step-by-step each day, we won't walk in darkness ~ we won't "walk" (or live) as the world lives:  continually in sin and darkness.

 Even though we follow the Light of the world (Jesus) there that we have to endure.  With God's help, we can still walk uprightly, even in the midst of these dark storms. 
 The Bible does say a lot about tunnel experiences �" depression, despair, the death-wish. But,

it does say  more about the light that shines at the end of the tunnel �" a light which is the

living Lord Jesus Christ, “the light of the world.” Are you gonna be the Angel that helps someone to the light at the end of the tunnel?

© 2014 Tina Marie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
Added on September 19, 2014
Last Updated on September 19, 2014

Author

Tina Marie
Tina Marie

yakima, WA



About
I am a thirty-eight year old wife and mother of six. It took me a while to find my true love but, it finally happened with my husband, Marty. I love animals, my family, and my Jesus. I am a freelance .. more..

Writing