who's fault is it?

who's fault is it?

A Story by Purple Dragon

Who’s Fault Is It?

“Life, it changes in seconds but will never stay the same, people change and so do feelings. My life changed in one week, not your average five second change that hardly kills you but one week that slowly swallows you whole. A matter of life and death, the slightest chance of light ripped out from under you. Two words “my mum” she was strong and hardworking but one day she fell. That day came faster than expected like a car crash. Unpredictable and painful, always leaving something behind, this time it was me.

The words came from the officer’s mouth like it meant nothing, words that shatter my heart like glass

“You’re staying with Glenn”. Those word echoed through my head like a broken record. I was so scared I grabbed my neighbour’s baseball bat and hid in next to my bed.

What should I do, life couldn’t get any harder. My mum was the only family I had left, I have no choice. I have to stay with Glenn. I’m not glad my mother was an alcoholic, but no matter how drunk she was she was still there for me. It was only recently that she started to drink. It was just after she started to go out with Glenn. A couple of weeks ago mum, came home late with bruises.

Her face was full of fear, she wouldn’t tell me anything, she just smiled and said “I’m fine, don’t worry about it go back to bed”, but I know she wasn’t, anyone could have seen that she wasn’t.

I have the worst feeling about moving in with Glenn. I have never been so scared in my whole life. Knowing that just after mum started to go out with Glenn, mum started drinking and coming home with bruises covering her shoulders and chest, they look new. But then I found her dead in her bedroom with a bottle of drugs in hand.

Everything was fine in till out of the blue Glenn just stopped talking to me. He keeps staring at me it’s like he doesn’t like me, every time I go out of my room it’s like I am doing something wrong. I’m not allowed to leave my room when he has one of his friends over, but I came out to get a drink because my throat was dry. I overheard Glenn talking to his friend saying it’s my fault that I exist if I wasn’t hear he still would be with my mother. I confront him about the conversation I just overheard saying that my mother loved me and she would never wish that I wasn’t around. I was just going to turn around and go back to my room and he grabbed my arm and slapped me across the face.

My heart is pounding against my ribcage as I walk back into my room with tears streaming down my face. I sat on my computer chair when I got a flash back, it was when I was about five years old, but there was a strange man I was never seen him before. My family was happy and playing, when the stang man came and dragged me inside and started to hit me. I started to think about my father, I wander if he is still alive. I would love to get to know him, but I bet he won’t like me because I wasn’t there enough for my mother when she needed me. Glenn is right it is my fault and I mother didn’t love me otherwise she would be here and I wouldn’t be living with Glenn. 

When Glenn’s friend left Glenn came into my room and started to use me as his personal punching bag. “How!” he punches me “dare!” another punch “you!” over and over again. Like after every word he punches me, saying the same thing over and over again. “How, dare, you!” With every punch I saw my mum just watching me, like when I was five I remember now the, man in my flash back. He was my dad, mum just watched my dad abuse me, and she didn’t do anything. I remember it all now, he hit me until I was black and blue, and then all of a sudden his was gone without me even knowing.

I stand up and run to my bed, but I trip as he grabs my shoulder. I look around and then see the baseball bat I stole. I grab it and swing at Glenn, he backs away so I move forward and land a hit. Blood runs down his head, this is so fun. I couldn’t’ help but enjoy it, I thought to myself as I punch him with my hand. I punch him again and again, “NO, it’s your fault my mum died!” I shout swing the bat at him. I hit him again, I can’t control myself, and I just want to keep hitting him.

I look at his eyes and then the rest of his bloodied body, he looks like his bout to die. I raise the bat once last time and smash it into his ugly face. Sweat runs down my face as I realise what I just did, I have no choice now but to run. I run into the street and realise that thanks to mum I can finally be happy.”

I look at my computer screen, man this women was crazy.

                                                                 

© 2014 Purple Dragon


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

great story like the hole thing

Posted 9 Years Ago


Purple Dragon

9 Years Ago

thank you :)
Interesting write, you portrayed the emotions of the girl very well. Nicely written.

Kaze~

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 3, 2014
Last Updated on March 3, 2014

Author

Purple Dragon
Purple Dragon

Havey Bay , Australia



Writing
When I When I

A Story by Purple Dragon