The Black Night.

The Black Night.

A Story by waywithwords
"

A story with a twist for all to enjoy.

"

It was late when I went to bed that night. The blasts I heard sounded like  gun shots and woke me from my deep sleep.

I dragged myself to the front door,  opened it and peered into the black night.  I saw two men run from a parked car where the street lamp was shining and some police officers were running the length of the street after them.

A neighbour opposite me was also stood in amazment at the uniformed runners.  He called over to me and pointed toward the green parked car. A metal railing blocked off the street to make it a non-through road.  It was a tangled mess, the car had plowed into it before making their getaway.

Suddenly, overhead, a helicopter's loud rotating blades could be heard and hovered above my house.  It shone a beam of green light that partially lit up the street.  The sounds were deafening and they enticed me back into my house; where I bolted the door and made my way into the kitchen to make myself a drink.

As I opened the kitchen door, I was grabbed by a man pointing a gun at me.

''Get down on the bloody floor, not a word you b***h or I will shoot''.

I layed on the cold tiled floor, he bent down and placed his gun at his other side, and took out of his pocket a piece of string and tied my hands behind my back, then he taped my mouth.  ''Right, he said.  I know you are here alone, does anyone else live here.  Nod once for yes or two for no'', he screamed.  I struggled to move my head but managed the two movements.

The man then placed a black bag onto the chair, next to where I was lying and emptied four bags of white stuff that fell near me.  He grabbed them up and I surmised that they were drugs.

My mind was in a termoil, I glanced across my dining room attached to the kitchen and realised that this person had smashed a window to get  into my home.  He must have escaped from the police by climbing over my garden wall and into my back yard.

I could no longer hear any sounds from the helicopter, only the rapid sounds of my own heart beat.  What was he going to do with me?  Why was here?  Those questions were churning in my head and made me feel quite sick.

The man left the room and returned after a couple of minutes clutching my overnight bag that was in my bedroom.  He stashed his packets of white substance and quickly fastened up the bag.

Again he leaned down and slapped my face hard.  ''Where's your fxxxxxg  car keys, quick I need em now''.  He took hold of his gun and pressed it into my face.  He ripped off the tape to allow me to tell him.  I felt my lips were lifted from my face and the silent tears flooded down into my blouse and wet my chest at the same time.

I barely managed to point to the drawer, that contained my keys to the car that was parked in my driveway.  He violently pulled the handle and the drawer smashed to the floor.  He grabbed the keys and laid his boot into my face.

I could hear screams and uncontrollable crying.  Hands were cradling me in my bed.  It was my husband.   ''Darling you must have had your worse nightmare ever, I've never seen you this bad before''.

© 2008 waywithwords


Author's Note

waywithwords
Any comments welcome my friends and all.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh thank goodness it was just a dream, I was seriously hoping this was not a true life tale that you had actually experienced. Very dramatic story, kept me on the edge of my seat. So nice to find a those loving arms at the end there.

Just a couple of typos I noticed and a couple of suggestions too...

I dragged myself to the front door, I opened it and peered into the black night.. you could lose the second "I" here.

Then it shone a beam of green light that partially lit up the street.... don't need the "then" here.

I led on the cold tiled floor.. "led" I think meant to be "laid".

I could here screams and uncontrollable crying... "here" should be hear.


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Oh my goodness, what a scary tale... but phewwwwww, relief at the end, in spite of it being a terrible nightmare.

You built that up very well, raced the story along, speedy step by speedy step.

Sometimes you can build up a frightening situation by using short sentences, which you have once or twice.

Great ending, good punctuation - little off in other places.

You're a fine story teller. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


whew! That was visceral, graphic and fast paced, but the ending really nails it. I loved it - because it WAS just a dream. Well done.

Posted 15 Years Ago


whew thank goodness. Nice twist few typos but all in all very good story.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Oh thank goodness it was just a dream, I was seriously hoping this was not a true life tale that you had actually experienced. Very dramatic story, kept me on the edge of my seat. So nice to find a those loving arms at the end there.

Just a couple of typos I noticed and a couple of suggestions too...

I dragged myself to the front door, I opened it and peered into the black night.. you could lose the second "I" here.

Then it shone a beam of green light that partially lit up the street.... don't need the "then" here.

I led on the cold tiled floor.. "led" I think meant to be "laid".

I could here screams and uncontrollable crying... "here" should be hear.


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

300 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 6, 2008
Last Updated on April 8, 2008

Author

waywithwords
waywithwords

United Kingdom



About
I am a mother, grandmother and a great grandmother and I am nearly sixty four years old. I should say young because at this time I still feel that way and feel lucky that my health and energy is still.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..