Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by A.L.Exley

“You didn’t even tell me who you are,” Sigyn said, struggling to keep up with the stranger.

“That’s none of your concern.” Loki pulled his hood up to cover his face as they walked onto the shiny cobblestone street.

“You tried to kill me, I think you owe me.”

“I didn’t try to kill you, you’re too insignificant to kill.”

“Oh… how am I supposed to react to that?”

“Running away. Preferably away from me.”

“Wait a minute.” Sigyn jumped in front of him, forcing him to stop. “Frigga mentioned teaching one of her sons magic. You’re one of the princes, aren’t you?”

Loki rolled his eyes. “Took you long enough.”

“Hey cut me some slack I’m not exactly a native. So… you’re Thor?”

Loki’s jaw dropped. Never had he felt so disgusted. The nerve of this girl to mistake him for his blond idiot of a brother. “Try again,” he growled.

“Oh, Loki.” Sigyn snapped her fingers. “You’re the crazy one I heard about!”

“Is that how I am to be remembered?” he said, walking on. “I’m honored.”

“I may have been tutored by the royal’s, but I never really cared about keeping up to date with Asgardian news. I just heard rumors about one of the prince’s going crazy and launching an attack on New York. Then everyone was freaking out cause the palace got attacked by Dark Elves, and people said the princes did some sort of heist. Asgard’s definitely a more exciting place to live than Minnesota, I’ll tell ya that.”

“Are you done yet?”

“No, I got an idea…”

“Oh no.”

“You know magic, and I really need a supervisor. You saw what happened at the palace, and that’s not even the worst thing that’s happened.”

“Sorry. Not interested.”

“Maybe I could pay you somehow.”

Loki looked down at her, literally, since she barely reached his shoulder. “Do you have money?”

Sigyn patted her pockets. “I have a gold coin. That must be worth something…”

“It’s about a dollar in your Midgardian money.”

“Dang it. Would you happen to be interested in several goats?”

“You claim to badly need supervision, yet you were able to defend yourself just fine in your home.”

“I can do simple spells, but… I have issues. Sometimes it gets out of control. Frigga always knew how to help me stay calm, but I don’t think I can do it without her.”

“I suggest you figure that out.”

Sigyn stopped walking, letting her shoulders slump in defeat. “Loki? Your Highness… however the heck to address you…”  

Loki didn’t want to, but something made him stop and face the girl.

“Please,” she said. “I need help. I’ve hurt people before with my powers, and I can’t let that happen again.”

Her words made him pause. Being cheated one too many times by Odin had taught him to be skeptical of other’s words, so he knew Sigyn was being sincere. A slight quiver in her voice revealed her fear. It reminded him of a time not too long ago when his skin had turned blue under the touch of a frost giant. He used to be so sure of himself and what he could do, and then that moment came by and knocked him off his feet. There was no one he could go for answers, either. This girl was in a similar situation, but she seemed strong enough to help herself, just like he had.

“Sorry. I truly wish you the best, but I have enough problems of my own to take care of.”

Sigyn nodded, shoving her hands in her pockets. “Guess I’ll see ya, then.” She turned around, being careful to keep her head up and not let her emotions creep out.



© 2019 A.L.Exley


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

59 Views
Added on January 21, 2019
Last Updated on January 21, 2019
Tags: marvel, fanfic, norsemythology, humor, frienship, loki


Author

A.L.Exley
A.L.Exley

MN



About
I believe stories are one of the most important things in life, whether they take the form of books, movies, or pictures. A story is in insight into someone else's mind, offering an escape from our ow.. more..

Writing
Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by A.L.Exley