Chapter 8

Chapter 8

A Chapter by A.L.Exley

“Earth sounds absolutely amazing!” Debryn beamed.

Sigyn shrugged. “I guess, but there’s a lot of problems that go along with it.”

“We have that here too. All the drama with the royal family was just…ugh. But that prince though…”

“Thor?”

“Nah, Loki.” Debryn smiled. “If only I was a few hundred years older. It’s a shame he died.”

Sigyn hid a small smile. “Ever met him?”

“Oh, not really. Just admired him from a distance.”

Sigyn didn’t want to ask, so she tried to figure out what Debryn saw in the prince. Even if Sigyn were into guys, he wouldn’t have been her type. He was built like a weasel and had the personality to match.

A couple of loud voices drew Sigyn’s attention up the road, where a couple of boys strolled towards them. She pulled Debryn aside after recognizing one of their faces.

“I should go.”

“What’s wrong?”

“I… it’s... “ she sighed. “I can’t be seen. See those boys coming this way? I accidentally set one of them on fire.”

“You did what?”

“Okay, maybe not by accident.”

“You can set people on fire? That’s amazing!”

“Why is everyone I meet okay with this?”

Debryn glanced at the boys, now directly across the street. “You wouldn’t happen to have invisibility powers, would you?”

“Oh if only…” Sigyn took a moment to imagine how much easier her life would have been, especially on the streets. She could just walk into unlocked houses for the night, grab food from where ever. Sneak into all the movies she wanted!

One of the boys turned towards them, spurring Sigyn to huddle behind Debryn: a challenge as the Asgardian was a bit smaller than her. But she had moved slow enough for the boy to recognize her.

“Witch! You dare come back here?”

Sigyn peeked out from behind Debryn. “I don’t suppose you’d accept an apology?”

*********************

Despite Sigyn’s struggles and pleas, she was thrown into the custody of guards under the accusation of being a public danger. Expecting to be thrown into a dungeon of some kind, she was instead ushered into the palace, through familiar twists and turns through the halls into the throne room, before the king everyone but she believed to be Odin.

“Is this to be the new face of crime on our Asgardian streets? A teenage girl?” Odin mused.

“She has been accused of terrorizing the civilians with magic,” one of the guards explained.

Odin turned his single eye down to Sigyn. “And what say you, child?”

Sigyn was surprised Loki addressed her, given the fact she could spill his secret easily as a hot pan of water.

“I… it’s true,” was all she could choke out.

Odin raised his chin. “Normal discipline for this crime is a life sentence in the prison.”

But could he send her to prison if she sold him out? Sigyn was so tempted, it might just save her. Would the guards believe her if she did? If would definitely cause more trouble, and it wouldn’t necessarily get her out of any.

“If that’s the sentence so be it,” she said, meeting his eye. “Your majesty.”

Odin looked away. “Let me talk to the girl alone.”

Once the guards filed out, Loki changed into his normal form and stepped down from the throne.

“I’ve met loads of irritating people in my life, but you, my dear, rise above them all.”

“Take it that’s a bad thing.”

“...It’s impressive, in a way. But tell me this: why didn’t you tell them who I was?”

“I’m not the kind to rat out on people for no reason.”

“Even though it could have saved you from a sentence?”

Sigyn dropped her head. “If I can’t control my powers, maybe the prison is the best place for me.”

Loki shook his head. “It’s no place for people like you, trust me.” He spread his arms. “Congratulations: due to your unfathomable annoyingness you have won yourself magic lessons. I expect you here early in the morning, a couple times a week.”

“You serious?”

“Unfortunately.”

“That’s awesome! That’s great…” she started walking towards the door. “Just send me a letter, or a raven, or whatever you people do, and I’ll be here! Bright an early.” She was so relieved that she had almost made it out of the room before remembering her hands were chained behind her back. “Do… do you think you can get the guards to let me out of these?”

“No need.” Loki pulled a spare key out of thin air.

“Right. As king, you have a copy of the keys.”

“No, stole a pair when I was young and made sure to always keep it with me, just in case.”

“Oh.” The handcuffs clicked and Sigyn was free. “Thanks, again. I can’t promise I’ll be a good student or anything, but I’ll try.”

“I suppose that’s the least I could ask. Now go, and try not to get arrested on the way home.”

“Eh, that’s a pretty high standard, I don’t know.”

Loki turned away, hiding a small smile. Despite being annoying, this girl was at least entertaining. Maybe this wouldn’t be a complete waste of time.



© 2019 A.L.Exley


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

51 Views
Added on February 11, 2019
Last Updated on February 14, 2019
Tags: marvel, fanfic, norsemythology, humor, frienship, loki


Author

A.L.Exley
A.L.Exley

MN



About
I believe stories are one of the most important things in life, whether they take the form of books, movies, or pictures. A story is in insight into someone else's mind, offering an escape from our ow.. more..

Writing
Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by A.L.Exley