The Island

The Island

A Poem by peyton



Far, Far away, there is an island.
Oh, this place just keeps me smiling.
The beautiful colours of the sky,
my heart melting in the ocean....

The loneliness, however, makes me cry.
My tears fall so fast that I cannot keep in motion.
I'm drowning,
falling,
frowning....

My lungs pool with the salt water; I can't scream.
My breath begins to shiver and the cold sea keeps me hidden

Oh, this beautiful island that they call "love",
I cannot see it anymore.

I am forbidden

© 2017 peyton


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I can deeply relate to this piece the way I picture it, that feeling can rob you of ambition, the way you put it together made me feel like i was riding the wave so to speak, a cause then effect plus time kind of thing, at least how i saw it, you found that outlet that keeps you pushing forward, I think you portrayed the emotion well, nice stuff, keep writing!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I didn't like this poem. I feel like it was written because some decided they wanted to be a poet one day and thus strung together a bunch of words the at seemed like they should hang out together because that's what words in poems are supposed to do...

Break some rules man, be visceral!

P.S. I'm not Gods gift to writing, just telling you how I feel after having read it several times. If I thought you were truly terrible I wouldn't even have left a review.

Please review my work.

Posted 6 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I liked this poem. Gave life and feel to the Island and the word love. I liked the story told and the honest ending in the poetry. Thank you Peyton for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I can deeply relate to this piece the way I picture it, that feeling can rob you of ambition, the way you put it together made me feel like i was riding the wave so to speak, a cause then effect plus time kind of thing, at least how i saw it, you found that outlet that keeps you pushing forward, I think you portrayed the emotion well, nice stuff, keep writing!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 18, 2017
Last Updated on August 18, 2017
Tags: poem, island

Author

peyton
peyton

Lithuania



About
- i am a poet. - more..

Writing
The Garden The Garden

A Poem by peyton



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Cafe The Cafe

A Poem by Zoya