Understanding

Understanding

A Poem by Joel M Frye
"

To a friend who thinks she goes where no one has gone before.

"
The boundless end of universe is curved
and sharp, and where you've set up residence.
Unhinged and edgy, wary and unnerved,
your mind time-shared by madness and brilliance.
Both seeking, fearing being understood,
with eyes in feral dance avoiding mine
because a hooded glance told you I would
and could continue on through space and time,
by simply tracing notches carved along
a trail blazed, breathing vacuum, years before.
Think I don't know the way there?  You'd be wrong.
I understand the path you choose and more;
an understanding far beyond those bounds
that trespasses on love's unholy grounds.

© 2011 Joel M Frye


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Complete understanding...
To gain knowledge but to fear the effects of wisdom.
To love but reject disappointment.

It all makes so much sense......

To make your own path, but fear the perilous thought of getting lost along the way....


We all choose our own way in life... No one person can say they had no regrets, made no mistakes. What makes you wise is to say... "Hey, yeah i did that... god was that ever dumb" and then to counter with "But you know what, I wouln't change my decision for the world, it made me who i am today." We pave the way for millions of lost souls to follow should they ever need a true "North Star". Beautiful piece, hope to see more like it. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Found this interesting, like the use of ideas relating to the universe, space time to link in with the basic message. Nothing can beat the good use of a cosmic tool.

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.

~ so beautiful... just so beautiful... overwhelming...

Posted 11 Years Ago


.

11 Years Ago

~ what are you saying ? ... i'm the fool who didn't realize that there is a treasure on your profile.. read more
Joel M Frye

11 Years Ago

This is an incomplete collection, mostly reprints of some work from HelloPoetry. Check the backlog .. read more
.

11 Years Ago

~ will do... i really need to hang out with your words... they help a lot... your pursuit of excelle.. read more
This is awesome Joel! It does send chills down the spine. People often mistakenly feel that nobody could understand, have been where they are, or walked in their shoes before. Despair is a lonely place to be....probably because we tend to isolate ourselves and stop communicating when we reach those dark places.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
ju
"time-shared by madness and brilliance" love that line. and " a trail blazed breathing vacuum"-- IS brilliant. enjoyed the read, cheers :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Someone who thinks you don't understand the place they have been in and that you probably never will. Yet, you do and you know it well. You have walked that path and you understand the price that has to be paid. This piece made my hair stand on end like I rubbed a balloon on top of it.......Awesome Bear!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Complete understanding...
To gain knowledge but to fear the effects of wisdom.
To love but reject disappointment.

It all makes so much sense......

To make your own path, but fear the perilous thought of getting lost along the way....


We all choose our own way in life... No one person can say they had no regrets, made no mistakes. What makes you wise is to say... "Hey, yeah i did that... god was that ever dumb" and then to counter with "But you know what, I wouln't change my decision for the world, it made me who i am today." We pave the way for millions of lost souls to follow should they ever need a true "North Star". Beautiful piece, hope to see more like it. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on March 7, 2011
Last Updated on March 7, 2011

Author

Joel M Frye
Joel M Frye

St Petersburg, FL



About
http://k002.kiwi6.com/hotlink/3w6q0yrymv/01_Ballad_to_Ben.mp3 http://k002.kiwi6.com/hotlink/jhjs7gw3cz/02_What_Do_I_Say.mp3 http://k002.kiwi6.com/hotlink/652qs6u270/03_Lady_Chasing_Rainbows.mp3 htt.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..