listen, to you

listen, to you

A Poem by Sarah's words
"

hear your own words

"
Sometimes, it's easier to tell other's how to live their lives,

 rather than living our own.

Often, what we guide the others to do, 

is an image of the way we, ourselves, strive to live.


So, starting now, let's listen to ourselves.

We are our own mentors :)

© 2018 Sarah's words


Author's Note

Sarah's words
let me know if you get what i'm saying!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You're definitely saying something I relate to, but more on the receiving end on someone telling me how to live my own darned life! It's a good outlook to have, we definitely are our own mentors. We just need to listen, because we already know what we need - maybe not just right away. Thanks for sharing ^^

Posted 6 Years Ago


Hello Sarah.

My favorite part of the poem is the title, "listen, to you", which represents the warning of our own intellect to ourselves that we have to "listen" this ballad...But what is this ballad?
The first verse, "Sometimes, it's easier to tell other's how to live their lives," starts with the vision on the external world, the judgment we give to others, pretending to be the puppeteer of their choices and thoughts. "other's" represent the mass of people we pour our cold and cutting words in, fighting for a divine order and competence.
In the second verse, "rather than living our own." represent the second part of the phrase where the fact that we slowly obliterate our own intellect only to predominate another universe is existent.
The next two verses, "Often, what we guide the others to do,/is an image of the way we, ourselves, strive to live." feature the galactic rule that we will always be under the compulsion of our subjective vision howbeit we endeavor to possess.
And the last two verses, "So, starting now, let's listen to ourselves./We are our own mentors" outline the conclusion of the poesy: The only and the best thing we can possess are ourselves.

I liked the nuance and the execution of the poem, even if it is too simple. There is always a motivational echo between the lines of your poems. Of course, if you feel comfortable in this kind of "skin", you can continue like that because it is commendable.

Inspire, Cogitate, Create.

Good luck!
Farewell.

Posted 6 Years Ago


You are right Sarah.
"So, starting now, let's listen to ourselves.
We are our own mentors"
I need to follow the above lines . Thank you for sharing your amazing poetry and your thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

303 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 27, 2018
Last Updated on May 18, 2018

Author

Sarah's words
Sarah's words

Earth, Universe, Canada



About
I hope my words can inspire and introduce new perspectives and ideas to the world!! I'd love to eventually start a movement using my words and art, and potentially with the help of others!! I've j.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


CRAZY POET CRAZY POET

A Story by CAPOLAVORO