Gully and the evil gargoyles of Magoyle grove

Gully and the evil gargoyles of Magoyle grove

A Story by Tomahawk Joe

Gully Robbins tucked his surfboard under his arm and walked across the harsh sand of the secluded beach. He looked to his left at the grove of oddly colored trees. He had always been curious as he passed the grove of trees each day and intended to one day explore the grove and see what he would find. He made up his mind today would be that day.
The closer he got to the odd trees the more reticent he got. He stood right next to them now. He took a deep breath and walked slowly into the grove.He looked around curiously everything seemed to be normal certainly nothing that seemed to indicate he had entered a portal to another world or some such thing.
He backed up to get a better view of the spectacle in front of him and bumped into a small tree with thorns on it like sharpened spikes. One of the wicked thorns pierced completely through his arm. He let out an automatic scream of pain. The grove darkened as if a dark cloud had passed overhead then with a deafening crackle the bushes that appeared benign earlier now seemed to be advancing toward him like a malicious street gang.
He turned and tried to run but he bumped into an impenetrable wall of foliage. Then the ground beneath him quaked and rumbled violently. He screamed as the swirling ground pulled him further and further down then he passed out.
The next thing he realized he was sitting at the top of some stone steps in some earthen cavern style room that was dimly lit by a few torches. Gully closed his eyes then opened them again to do a reality check he saw a large hideous creature that he assumed was a gargoyle. He had read about gargoyles but he never imagined them to be real. The creature was perched on a high backed wooden throne.
"Fool" the creature roared in a loud thundering voice. "You have entered the sacred grove of the Magoyles you cannot return until you have successfully defeated us" the creature said mockingly.
For some strange reason Gully felt a calm come over him it came over his body with the sensation of a cool breeze. A soft voice spoke inside of him "don't worry the thorn that pierced your arm was from the magic Magollyon tree. You have been given temporary power to defeat the creatures in front of you. You must act quickly though" the voice said as it faded out with a gentle whispering echo.
More creatures oozed from the earthen walls and took their place beside the large one on the throne. Gully assumed the larger one must have been their leader judging by their immediate sense of loyalty to him.Gully felt a strange rush of heat course up his arm and stop at his hand. He saw the creatures advancing on him he put his hand up as if motioning for them to stop.
A large ball of flame shot out of his hand and bounced off the wall. As the ball landed the creatures backed away from it quickly and watched as it split into smaller balls of flame. The smaller balls of fire rolled forward and consumed the smaller creatures. They shrieked horrifically before disintegrating into ash
Gully felt the fear start to return as he sensed the last bit of power quickly course through his body and into his hand. He now faced the larger creature who seemed to be mocking him with evil laughter. Serpentine vines now slithered out from the legs of the throne and quickly moved toward Gully. Gully jumped an almost super human jump and fired off another fire ball at the larger creature. 
The fireball found its mark the creature growled loudly in pain as the flames engulfed him the throne and the vines underneath the throne. Gideon felt the intense heat instantly from the large flames it felt like he was in an oven. Then he passed out again when he came too he was back on the beach. He looked groggily at the spot where the grove once was the grove had magically disappeared
                                                     The End

© 2013 Tomahawk Joe


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

215 Views
Added on April 22, 2013
Last Updated on April 29, 2013

Author

Tomahawk Joe
Tomahawk Joe

carl junction, MO



About
Aspiring writer and artist,currently working on four books. And a few short stories. I have been writing stories since grade school. more..

Writing
teaser: teaser:

A Story by Tomahawk Joe


River River

A Poem by Tomahawk Joe