Bits & Bobs: Ridley's Sermon Ch 1: The Laughing House-Jev's Part (Work-in-Progress)

Bits & Bobs: Ridley's Sermon Ch 1: The Laughing House-Jev's Part (Work-in-Progress)

A Story by Mariah DeHaven
"

This is just a piece of my book I never finished called Ridley's Sermon. This piece takes place before he meets Lex.

"

As Jev drew in a puff from the Marlbolo between his lips he was grateful of this little cloaking trick he could pull off.  Because the Bic between his mitts was currently pulling a lighthouse maneuver and he wasn’t happy about it. So he did a little one-two-three-invis and all was good. Well mostly. 

In all honesty the smoking habit he’d picked up in the last century disgusted him, but it gave him something to do on nights like this. Sitting tight and making like a statue only got you so far. Plus you couldn’t really get cancer when you’re dead. Hell you didn’t really have to worry about anything when you’re dead; expect, maybe rigor-mortis.

Not that he’d really know. Thing was, he never really got to be dead. You weren’t going to hear any complaints from his sorry a*s though. Nope. Not one. The kind of death he’d been offered was the worst thing imaginable, and the nightmare didn’t even have an expiration date. So you could understand why he was damn appreciative of what he’d been given.

But d****t Jev hated waiting. He had never been a very patient person in life, and certainly hadn’t improved on it in his death. The problem with spending your life hunting demons was the time it took, not to mention a level of tolerance he did not have. Maybe it was his upbringing; something told him it wasn’t though. It was just the sheer absurdity of this current assignment.  

As far as assignments go it was a simple one, and that was the problem; it was simple. Jev didn't do simple and to be damn honest he was insulted. After five-hundred years of this crap you'd think he'd have earned a little respect from the higher ups, or rather the lower ones. 

You see Jev worked for the Lucifer. Yeah, the guy you heard about; Satan, The Devil, The Morning Star. Lu wasn't like that. In fact he was worse. He had no moral code, no true fear of anything, except maybe God, and he barely acknowledged the guy. 


But The truth was he just didn't like the way this one sounded.

His tasks was to  wait for a red haired girl, follow her and make sure she made it home safely. Once she got home however was a different story. He was to capture her and take her to the master. Now that guy was a barrel of laughs, all fun that one. 

© 2019 Mariah DeHaven


Author's Note

Mariah DeHaven
Ignore grammar problems, I'm looking for constructive criticism, no harsh comments, I simply need to know about the story line. Does this interest you? Should I continue? Again no harsh reviews, but be honest.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
Added on October 8, 2017
Last Updated on July 23, 2019
Tags: Jevon, Ridley, Devil, Lucifer, Ridley's Sermon, Fantasy

Author

Mariah DeHaven
Mariah DeHaven

PA



About
My name is Mariah. I'm a 23 year old girl with few accomplishments and many dreams. I love to read and write; Music is my religion. My best friend's name is Dakota; hes a dog. His best friend is a cat.. more..

Writing