Beautiful author websites
Stop wasting time and money on Wix & Wordpress. Authors are creating beautiful websites with Myauthor.space FREE!
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Soneto I

Soneto I

A Poem by xianah
"

A sonnet in Filipino

"

Di ko na maalala kung kailan
ako iniwan ng mga salita;
sa aking tuluyang pagkawala 
mga titik sa bawat pahina 
ay unti-unti ring nabubura;
plumang dati'y sanay sa kataga 
ngayon ay nagbubuntunghininga
ang papel na noon ay masigla
ay pawang natutunaw na
Kahapon, ikaw ba’y babalik pa?
Bagama’t - ako'y naniniwala

buo 'ng diwa, hiling ay magtugma

liwanag ay masisilayan na

Pilit na isinusulat 'tong tula



Ika-22 ng Pebrero, 2016.

© 2018 xianah


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

On the surface it reminds me of the time when I felt the same, that I couldn’t write any poem even if I wanted to in college xD and I guess you could feel the frustration in the poet or writer of how it seems the words have left him/her. Writer’s block I guess, and sometimes with that, a writer wonders when will the words that came out naturally before will come again. Because the block is real, the question is when can we get out of it.

And I find the title kind of ironic in the sense that it’s the “first sonnet” but the writer writes as if he/she has written so much before and “ang papel noon ay masigla” (the paper before was happy?). And I think this just goes to show that maybe, the block in itself can be a way to get out of such a slump. That when the block happens, the persona then is able to write again by talking about such slump. And with the title of it being the first sonnet, maybe this is how the person starts anew once more to start writing again and that there will be more to come :)
***or maybe it’s just the first poem the writer writes in Filipino xD

But on a deeper level the words and writings the persona talks about may be portraying another person. I thought at the line “titik... unti-unti ring nabubura” the scene sa Goblin (kdrama) where the words Kim Shin writes on the book, slowly burns and disappears. Maybe the persona here then talks about an old relationship that just disappeared making his/her life feel like a dream since then. And “papel” in Filipino can mean both “paper” or “role” and maybe that “papel” was the persona him/herself as he/she played the role of being “written on with inspiration” or other similar things. And you can feel the emotion of the persona of how melancholic it seems whenever she thinks about the past and how he/she is “natutunaw” (melting). But at least at the end “pinipilit” (forcing) him/herself to keep going and move on and try again. A tiny hope in what seems like despair (with it being 1 line at the end of the many lines).

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

73 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 6, 2018
Last Updated on September 6, 2018

Author

xianah
xianah

Philippines



About
Finding myself through writing more..

Writing