Binjakë Projektim

Binjakë Projektim

A Chapter by Sir Drift & Mr. Pulse
"

How did the first twins come to be? Perhaps by an image in ones head? Manifest yourself on a story of mystery and birth of idea

"



Oceania Scene: 

 
 

Long ago, a tribe hidden in the lonely mountains of Ainu once witnessed a beautiful Eclipse, the sky turned rose, and the Sun and Moon seemed to give off a blue glow, when suddenly, sparks began to descend into the water. There, the old myth of golden and platinum roses from their love seemed to come true, this day, they left something in the waters for all to enjoy. This tribe was chosen to excel humanity in a more compatible world, thus presenting the gift of Projection. It was this day where the Oceania Seeds became known to the tribe, for technology and life stature to progress in an immense acceleration. Not knowing how to use this gift they turned to their gods and began to intent decoding of the mystery, but one daya local boy accidentally dropped a seed in a cup of wine. He was to give it to the Chief of the tribe, until there, an amazing thing happened. The man began to see the illustrations of his inner ideas projecting on the wall, all other men in that moment too witnessed the occurrence. The chief turned to the boy astonished to what was going on, and there, they found the secret towards their intellectual evolution. 

 

Through the ages of wisdom and accomplishment, was a woman from a poor house, married to a man she loved. She was pregnant and wanted to keep her house alive with a boy who could inherit the house's name. One day she heard of a myth to the villagers, for the scribes and holy men where the only to know the secret of a seed that seemed to do the impossible. She wanted to know, if a boy lived inside of her womb... for he was the last hope they had. 
 


Harvest Scene: 

 

A boy in this tribe was the symbol of powerstrength, and courageousness, he who would one day turn into a strong man. What good was a girl to a family, who would eventually take the last name of another man and betray her own family? 
 

Ida heated up the black steel kettle over the prosperous fire that doubled as warmth for their home. The job of a farmer during the dry season seemed almost useless for pay.  

 

"Heard any news about the harvest?" Ida asked handing the molded cup to her husband Koi.  

 

Koi insisted on his conservative ways and absolutely despised the talk of tale his wife Ida babbled on about.  "None... none at all" Koi replied taking a stern sip of drink from his cup.  
 

Ida knew deep down this famine could not continue on forever. The new presence of a man was needed desperately. A man to supply and provide for her house. The idea of seeds residing in the secret harvest cave, with powers unimaginable, didn't seem too ludicrous, it had to be true. Ida a believer and a dreamer always took to heart the stories of the cave from the villagers and the secrets it held within 
 

As night fell and the time for bed arrived, the entrance of crazy ideas and plans entered the mother to-be's head.  

 

"I don't want you getting any ideas" Koi said as the desperate couple laid in bed.  

 

"Oh I would never" Replied Ida, while in reality plans of discovery swirled around in her mind.  
 

As the night grew older, Ida knew she had nothing to lose. Slowly and quietly rising from the creaking bed she reached to grab the lantern hanging from the wall. Silently she tiptoed towards the front door to find her escape. The cool night time air blew through her long hair and tickled the long bladed grass. Whether it be the kicking of the baby in her womb or the slight breeze guiding her bare feet towards the cave, whatever it was, she knew her plan was the right idea. 
 

The cave stood silent and still during that night, not a guard to be seen for miles. The cave was damp and narrow. The light of the burning lantern guided her way to the hopefulness of the seeds. The tunnel in the cave carried on for what seemed to be miles and miles. Ida's sore callused feet took her just about as far as she could go, until, the appearance of eight seeds in her sightRose, Blue, Green, Black, White, Silver, Cream and Gold. The seeds were as real and as beautiful as she hoped they would be. Bending down to admire them in all their beauty, Ida knew she had to hurry with her plan. Quickly she picked the seeds from the dirt ground to hold in her hands. "A tale huh?" she grinned. 
 


Projection Scene: 
 

Ida ran out of the cave as quickly as she could but as she was running, something happened to catch her eye. It was a cup of wine standing on a table, golden and beautiful, full of diamonds around it base. She slowly went over to read the ancient script: 
 

"To unfold the mystery of the seeds, one must cleanse it in the wine and drink it from its cleansed state, only this will project ones spirit." 
 

Following the instructions, she then took one seed at a time to see which one would project the child she had inside. She first started off with the Blue seed, dropping it into the clear wine she could see how it began to change colors and drank the first sip. This seed began to project sad things in her life, memories and fears she had from inside, she closed her eyes to then drop the next seed. The Rose seed then changed the color once again and the woman drank once more, happy thoughts came to her head, of a child, and of many things, but this was not what she seeked. 
 

The Green one was tossed in and as she drank she projected the great ideas she has had since a child, how she came up with food recipes for her house and other inventive things. She moved on to the White one, and there saw the dreams she has always had since a child, to be a mother, a wife and a potter. Continuing with the search, the Silver one was next, and this began to project the past of her life, the poor childhood and hard labor. Only 3 remained in her hand and the cream made its way in. This one was revealing a future, a mother of 2, but she was not able to determine if they were boys or girls, she knew she was getting close to the right seed. 
 

She then tried the black one... there a guard began to walk into the cave and heard noises from the other side, he ran quickly and witness the projection of a woman who was stealing the seeds, and then the projection faded. The guard entered the room and saw the woman as she was going to attempt the last seed. He hurried and grabbed her. 
 

The seed fell into the wine and the woman was struggling to fight off the guard or even remain standing, as she has drank too much wine. She was getting dizzy and very off balance, the guard attempted to put her down on the ground and there the wine glass fell to the floor and gold liquid spilled all over. Ida pinned on the ground looked over to the gold wine as it was heading her direction, she took out her tongue to get one last sip. There a great flash bounced the guard off, and a projection began to play. It was a brief current biography and scan. This revealed her pregnancy of a baby boy inside her stomach, and there she fainted. 
 

The woman was taken to the council to be trialed before the judges. 
 

"What was the cause of your intrusion?" A great judge asked 
 

The woman half awake in an open ceiling dome, looked around to see many white men dressed in white clothing, she then responded: "I was trying to know if my baby was a boy or a girl, I can't let the house of my husband die off." 
 

The judges looked at each other and discussed of something. Her husband Koi then ran into the trial and was pushed back by the guards. 
 

"She is my wife, and I take all responsibility!" 
 

One of the judges raised his hand and allowed the husband to pass. 
 

"Where were you when this thievery was taking place? Can you not have control over your woman?" 
 

The man then bowed to the council and asked for forgiveness. 
 

"It's a boy! It's a boy Koi! I am..." Koi then hushed his wife. "Do not speak, you have brought shame to our house." 
 

"What shall we do about this now? Not only has she stolen one seed, she has stolen one of each, these are to only be used by the authority in this island." One of the judges said 
 

"I say she is put to death!" A man shouted from the public. 
 

The woman began to cry "No, I have a child inside me, a baby boy that will restore the name of our house!" 
 

"Silence thief! Your baby will be known as a son of a thief from now on, if we decided to keep him!" another judge screamed 
 

"Nonsense!" Suddenly, the Chief of the village appeared. "There will be no murder here." Everyone bowed to the Chief. 
 

"But, Chief, your rule says..." 
 

"I know what it says, but I say here and now, this woman was only trying to save her house. And since she has committed a crime, she must be punished somehow." 
 

The Chief then began to think until a solution appeared. 
 

"The child shall be mine, and she will have to breed a new child, there is nothing of more pain than this to a mother." The Chief pronounced as Ida began to weep. "But let it be known, since she is the mother, the child will be nurtured by her, because there is no one else who could breast feed her child." 
 

Everyone gasped at the declaration of the Chief. And the council stood down. The Chief then looked down at the woman. "You may go home, I will return at the day of labor. -then looking at the man said- give your house a new name, have a new child." 
 

There the decision was made and the day of labor shortly came to give out the life of a new child... But when the child was born, the mother looked down at two boys, and as she went to grab both, one disappeared, giving the one left the name, Banji (a second born) 

 


Birth: 

 

The Tribe Chief arrived for his new child, the mother was deeply saddened as she watched her son being taken away, but as the Chief was going to head out for his hut he looked over to the woman and said... "Because you are the mother, you may visit the palace, 3 times a day for the child to be fed, then you must return to your hut." The woman smiled and the Chief carried on... 

 

8 years pass and the child began to grow and learn the studies of his tribe, the smart boy loved to study under the philosophers and fortune tellers, but where he loved to be the most was in the cave of mysteries, where the harvest was kept. Curious Banji one day enters the cave and no guards were around. He approaches the table with the Golden wine glass, and looks inside to see the bubbling liquid call his attention. Searching around he finds the multicolored Pearls and ponders as to what they mean. When suddenly he touches one and a flash drew him back.  

 

Banji, curious and amazed, tried to reach again to the golden pearl but there a spark threw him back and when he looked to the wall he could see an image of a boy that looked exactly like him. Banji reached out to touch the boy and there they made contact. Quickly he withdrew his hand and could not believe his eyes.  

 

"Who are you?" He asked. The other boy looked around the room in confusion and responded lightly "Who am I? I don’t know." 

 

"What do you mean you don’t know! Who are you, and why do you look like me?" Banji's fear kicked in.  

"I don’t even know where I am! How can I tell you who I am? Ive been sleeping for a long time. Please tell me, who are you, and why do we look alike?" The boy asked in a low voice. 

 

Banji then only looked at the mysterious boy, confused as to what was happening, he still answered the boy. "Well, my name is Banji, and I am the son of the Chief. This here is the Island of Ainu, but we are in the cave of mysteries. Since you look like me, do you think we are brothers?" 

 

The projection looked silently at Banji and shrugged, and then let out his hand again... "Shall we find out? Lets compare our hand." His hand stretched out, palm facing towards Banji with his fingers extended and separated. Banji slowly mirrored the boy and when their palms joined a jolt of memories flushed through their eyes. 

 

Memories of a woman who sneaked inside the cave and consumed all the pearls, and inside, a baby boy projected another of itself. The memory then fled towards the birth of the boy and a projection that appeared seconds later, to disappear at the sight of the mother. And finally, the giving of the baby to the Chief.  

 

Footsteps then echoed through the cave and their palms separated with a bright flash, making the projection disappear.  

 

"Who is there!" Shouted a guard at the entrance. He ran over to the where the light was to find Banji laying on the floor. 

 

The guard quickly took the boy back to the Chief and his mother was called. 

 

"Wake up son, please open your eyes!" She shouted desperately.  

 

The room was silent as the Chief and the maids looked over the shoulder of Ida. Then Banji's body jolted and a red projection lifted from his body and landed on its feet, he looked around at the scared witnesses and glanced down at Banji's body laying next to Ida.  

 

"Mother..." He whispered. Ida looked up in disbelief and reached out to the boy as a name parted her lips "Binjake." 

 

The boy took the mother's hand and then place his other hand on Banji, and as Banji's eyes opened, the boy was pulled into the body once more. Everyone was amazed unto what happened, but in the shadows, one of the council men was hiding to witness the occurrence.  

 

"What happened? -Banji's eyes then met with a very familiar face, he recognized it from the memory- you're my mother aren't you?" Ida then smiled and a tear fell from her eye. 

 

"I'm glad you are safe." She said, until interrupted by the wife of the Chief  

 

"Oh Banji, my poor Banji, Im glad you are doing well again. You had me so scared." The woman shoved Ida to the side and took Banji into her arms just to be rejected. 

 

"I want to know the truth! She is my real mother isn't she?" Banji pointed at Ida looking over to the Chief. 

 

"This is nonsense Banji, I am your one and only mother, I raised you since you were born, she is just a worker here in the village and a very good nurse." 

 

"Tell me the truth father, is she my mother?" Banji exclaimed at the Chief. 

 

The Chief then ordered the maids to go outside and also for his wife to leave the room. The wife crossed her arms and followed the ladies out giving Ida a mean look. 

 

"There is much you must know my child "the Chief approached Banji and scooched Ida infront of him- this here is your mother, her name is Ida from the house of Kiliko. Your true father was named Koi, but he passed when you were just a child, fighting as one of my warriors, fighting for you." 

Ida began to cry, the Chief stepped out. "She can explain the rest." 

 

And there the mother told the story of her brave and foolish attempt to know the gender of her child, not knowing the consequences. The boy shocked with the revealing of the story, could not bear to know the truth. But the question still remained in his head of the projected self. 

 

"Who is the other boy... why does he just appear?" 

 

"Binjake... he is your brother. See when I drank the Pearl you were just a small little living boy inside me, you had not experienced life, you had nothing to project but yourself, so the power of the pearls gave you something special, another you. Binjake means another, the Chief noticed it one night when you seemed to be running around the field, but he instead saw Binjake, thinking he was seeing double, he called me and I explained what was going on." 

 

Ida held Banji's hand. "I did not even know what was going on, until I remembered how the Pearls worked, so we had to keep it a secret, for if the council would know, they would exile such an idea from the tribe. I can't lose you too." Ida hugged Banji tightly and cried on his shoulder. 

 

"But I have to free him, he must be lonely inside me, he didn’t even know who he was. The council cannot exile a boy, he is his own self." 

 

"We must wait to find an answer, but for now, stay out of sight until you know how to resolve between you and Binjake." Banji and Ida nod to each other in an understanding. Waiting for the day they stood shut and played along with the passing time, until the release of a brother. 

 


Trialed: 

 

Just as all seemed to be clear, a few months pass and a Councilman appears at the footsteps of the Chiefs door looking for the mysterious boy Banji. And once he stepped in he found that the hut had an empty room, where Banji used to live. The Councilman then saw a shadow move in the midst and immediately began to chase after it. The shadow ran as fast as it could whilst the Sun began to draw to its sleep, the Councilman began to shout to the shadow: "Boy! We all know, we know your secret, and you will be thrown out of this country along with your thief of a mother."  

 

The shadow stopped to reveal the face of Banji, the disturbed boy turns around and yells: "Don’t say that about my mother!" 

 

The Councilman now has Banji right where he wants him. "Come with me boy and you and your mother can be spared." 

 

Banji listens to the councilman and heads out to the Pallion, the hall of justice. The judges arrive to listen to the trial being held. "My great Judges "the councilman says- I present to you, a creation of sin against your laws. Here is a boy who has been granted the gift of auto reflection due to the mother I presented to you many years ago. You were all kind enough to grant the Chiefs wish of keeping the child under his custody, but here, is the creation of a threat to us."  

 

A judge then stands from the high row of seats. "How is it that an auto projection can harm us? All he projects is his thoughts, nothing to fear." 

 

The councilman then responds: "Ah, but if it were only his thoughts, I would not be here in the first place, see he can project a second self, one that can mimic his moves and can cause double the damage to one fighting him, or, even trickery to fool us into thinking he is in one place yet he really is in another. A great skill for a thief, just like his mother." 

 

"This is preposterous "another judge exclaims, then he turns to the boy- tell us your name boy!" 

 

The boy looks up to the fierce Judge and responds: "My name is Banji, son of the Chieftain of your village." 

 

Everyone begins to look at themselves in shock... 

 

"Banji? Banji means a second born. Why would you be called such a word?" The judges rattled between one another. 

 

"There is your evidence, Banji, a word meaning second born, why would this word substitute for a name?" The councilman lashed out. 

 

"A name and a word are nothing but noises. Show us and prove of this power you trial." One more judge declared. 

 

The boy looked around at the people waiting to see the boy's power come out. Until there the drums filled the room, the Chieftain arrived. 

 

"I demand for this to stop at once! No one has the authority to trial my own son. Who do you think you are councilman? I will rip out the tongue that professes such lies." 

 

The Chieftain then looked at Banji grabbed him and began to walk out of the Circled court. The enraged Councilman did not want the boy to escape from his clutches, so he took out a knife from his robe and attempted to cut the Chieftain. As the knife was headed to towards the Chieftain's back a loud yell came out of the boy, the judges then stood to their feet and all observers gasped in what was happening. Another boy had stopped the man's hand from reaching the Chieftain, it was Binjake. The Council man began to laugh: "Do you see now! I told you, he possesses a dangerous curse!" Guards immediately run over to detain the mad councilman and take him away to a cell in the underground. 

 

Everyone there could still not believe their eyes, observing how there are two boys of the same. Binjake then pats Banjis shoulder. 

 

"Wait, how is it that this projection is patting your shoulder, when you have made no movement. Or how he stopped the knife when you were totally unaware of what was going on? I believe there is something greater than projection here my judges, if I may, I will study his cause." A great ancestor stood up saying. 

 

"And what might this cause be great philosopher?" Asked a judge 

 

"I believe there is no 2 of one self, I believe there is one of each, they look alike, but they are not the same person. This case must be the case of what we know as duo birth. See, one seed planted can birth a tree, but from that tree can birth fruit at the exact same time. So the seed would be planted by a god, but the tree is its mother who birthed two fruit at the same time... from within." Says the wise philosopher, the judges and men all around look confused but interested in his words. 

 

"And what say you about the 2. Why then does one appear as a projection?" A noble man asks 

 

The Philosopher again refers to another parable: "See here kind gentleman, cherries come from a same stem, together in conjunction, but when separated properly one can enjoy its individual taste. This cherry here "The philosopher takes the boy by the hand- has yet to be separated by delicate hands, only then will you see the beauty behind Duo Birth."  

 

"Then you will have a limited time to prove the case of Banji, perhaps the mother might be the Tree you look for, go and birth anew." A supreme judge speaks over all witnesses. There the Philosopher, the boy, and Chieftain return to solve the gift of Binjake. 

 


Separation: 

 

After the trials the boy and the philosopher went alone to a mountain for studies and answers. There they met with an astrologer. 

 

"Banji, correct? My name is Plitzi the Philosopher, and this here is my friend Calviux a great astronomer. We believe we can help you and your brother from inside." 

 

"Is that so? -Banji asks scanning Calviux- how do you cure something no one has ever had?" 

 

The philosopher and astronomer look at each other and then laugh greatly at the boy's questions. 

 

"You are a very smart boy Banji, but we philosophers and astronomers are always learning new things and attempt to understand them by finding a solution to the matter, still is the day that our research has come out false." Calviux responds whiping off his tears of laughter. 

 

"Yes BanjiCalvius is correct, you can trust that we will find a solution." Plitzi says looking through his notes.  

 

The two men then began their search for answers, Calviux searched among the stars and Plitzi searched beyond the mind, the two were restless for answers. Philosophy and Astronomy has never grown a stronger bond. But it was there when Calvius and Plitzi made the discovery with one gold piece and one silver piece. Plitzi took the pieces and laid them one on top of the other to symbolize the problem of Banji and Binjake. But when the Philosopher separated the coins to lay side by side, he knew, and Calviux showed it in the sky, their answer came shortly to Banji. The boy was playing with Binjake on the mountain, when suddenly one looks back as the two men approached. 

 

"We have found the answer for your questions. See when we used these gold and silver piece's to describe what you were, we knew right there what was happening. Let's just say, you are practically the Sun and Binjake, the moon. You can project him because as the Sun gives light to the Moon, so do you for Binjake. But it is time for Binjake to be its own moon, instead of a hollow image." Answered Calviux 

"What we are concluding is that you must wait for the Eclipse, when the harvest comes by again, only there would the answers come flowing through the Waters." 

 

And there the youth and elders waited for the day of the harvest... when the day came, the Judges, Council members, Chieftain and Tribe came to the waters to observe a miracle about to come alive. Banji waited for the Eclipse to arrive and paint the ocean pink. When the Oceania Seeds began to descend, Plitzi and Calviux took Banji into the waters. They held Banji's body as he submerged into the waters falling forward on his face. The Tribesmen gasped at what was occurring, the seeds continued to fall and Banji reached a depth until.. He could feel a force pulling him in deeper. Calviux and Plitzi felt the pull and immediately knew that they had to bring Banji back up to the surface, they began to lift from the shoulders and as Banji's back was the first thing to reach the surface, his body was being pulled back up. His arms however where extended yet into the waters, and there, another boy was being pulled out to the surface. The Eclipse split and the seeds glowed under the waters. They two boys met face to face and turned for the Tribe to witness the amazing miracle. They have now met Banji and Binjake side by side in flesh.  

 

Ida ran to the Waters as Calviux and Plitzi laughed at their amazing discovery, and from that day on this miracle was named as... Twins (identical born). The Judges could not believe their eyes and the Chieftain let out a great cry, the Tribe chanted on such a miracle, for this day, they have found yet another special gift from the Sun and Moon, Twins. 

 

The Tribe then began to practice the miracle, and though it could only happen in certain pregnancies and specific timing, more and more was learned about it. There was then named the different groups of twins, Identical and Fraternal. And as they came to be, less and less rare were they, making them to be appreciated highly by all who casted eyes in their presence. Banji (Second born) and Binjake (Twins) marked a new generation for the tribe. 






© 2017 Sir Drift & Mr. Pulse


Author's Note

Sir Drift & Mr. Pulse
I hope you have enjoyed traveling my mind, a story based off a question of the first twins and a legend of Cleopatra swallowing a Pearl on a bet.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I can't believe you got all of that off of a question and a ancient Egyptian myth. Dude this is awesome! Loved it!!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Sir Drift & Mr. Pulse

6 Years Ago

Oh yes, this was probably one of my hardest stories to build. But I had to entwine them somehow. Im .. read more
Reading this makes my head hurt to think how much creative hard work must have been produced into this. It is so very rare to find people who can come up with a simple idea and mold it into a sturdy, unique story, that requires so much talent beyond belief. You were clearly blessed with that talent. The story itself was very well written. I know for me personally reading long short stories like this, I become bored quickly but with this I was genuinely excited to keep on reading and find out what would happen next. Taking something so simple as the first ever pair of twins to walk the earth, you made it so original and filled with deepness. I loved the ending, it was so beautiful getting to see two brothers together for the very first time by the waters. Everything about this write was perfect and deserves a printed short story book of it's own. Very well done. I absolutely loved it!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Sir Drift & Mr. Pulse

6 Years Ago

Thank you kindly! Though it would have been nice to continue our write, I know we will have the oppo.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 10, 2017
Last Updated on July 7, 2017


Author

Sir Drift & Mr. Pulse
Sir Drift & Mr. Pulse

Worcester, MA



About
My writing is strongly based on science, culture, myths and fantasy. I do enjoy poem writing but short stories are my passion, I am developing a few novels as well. I am looking for any critique that .. more..

Writing