Melinda  Gates Blooms  With Her Own  Identity

Melinda Gates Blooms With Her Own Identity

A Story by zainul
"

Unfunded research on Melinda Gates

"

I was wondering why Melinda,wife of Bill Gates was projected frequently in the Media.Was it for her Marriage with the founder of Microsoft or for the Money her husband owned?I also thought whether Melinda Gates has any identity of her own.
I became curious about Melinda and tried to find relationship of the initial word of her name, ‘M’ with other words starting with ‘M’.The readers might already understood the words in question-Media,Marriage,Microsoft and Money.There are Many words starting with M,but Ilike to limit my unfunded research with these common four words.
My Method of study included literature review of Melinda Gates through Google search.The result of search was astounding- 16,400,000 at 0815am on 04-03-12.This figure is really an envious one and may cause jealousy in some people.I felt like conferring instantly that Melinda deserved such acclaim through her work and personality.But ,I restrained to make such inference so soon and went for step by step exploration of her life story.

1.Melinda from her parents family
I found the following links on Melinda quite resourceful which contained lots of information about her life

http://money.cnn.com/2008/01/04/news/newsmakers/gates.fortune/index.htm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melinda_Gates

Melinda Was born on August 15, 1964 as Melinda Ann French in Dallas in Texas,USA.

Melinda’s father, Raymond Joseph French, Jr., was an engineer while her mother, Elaine Agnes Amerland was a home maker.Their family wanted to make their children educated and dignified.
Hence the family sent all four children to colleges for education.
Though Melinda was born and raised in Dallas ,the world famous place of TV soap opera ,Dallas(1978-1991)she was not tempted by the magical world of TV serial rather she sought career in amazing world of computer science. Melinda earned a bachelor degree in computer science and economics from Duke University in 1986 and an MBA from Duke’s Fuqua School of Business in 1987.
2.Melinda in Microsoft
Melinda had worked as a summer intern in IBM.This assignment was the ladder of her access to the Microsoft.She joined Microsoft in 1987 as a marketing manager.
Melinda joined Microsoft in 1987.She participated in the development of many of Microsoft’s multimedia products including Cinemania, Encarta, Expedia, Microsoft Bob and Publisher.

She served Microsoft until 1994. She held the position of General Manager of Information Products of of Microsoft.
3.Marriage
Marriage of Melinda with Bill Gates was not comparable to that of Diana with Prince Charles in terms of pomp and publicity.But,I can’t restrain to note that the marriage life of this couple was no less happy and sustaining than that of the Emperor Shah Jahan and Mumtaz Mahal. The couple got married in 1994 in a private ceremony held in Lanai,Hawaii.

This happy family has three children now. They are Jennifer Katharine Gates (born 1996) and Phoebe Adele Gates (born 2002), and Rory John Gates (born 1999).
It is another pleasure for all mothers and children that Melinda is very attentive about caring and raising her children.
4.Media
I found an unending number of pages of youtube videos with Melinda when I searched the network.
I already mentioned that there are large number of results from Google search on Melinda.There are
Great numbers of news and reports in print and electronic media which mention Melinda for her involvement with Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation as Co-founder.
I have examined some of the videos and felt they demonstrated the unique quality,talent and vision of
Melinda.Her presentation and eloquent oratory coupled with her beauty can naturally attract the peoples towards the charitable programs and activities of Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.Here is the link of one youtube video that reflects the views of Melinda Gates.Please enjoy.


© 2013 zainul


Author's Note

zainul
Please visit the following link for the source of the story:

http://connecttask.com/blog/2012/03/04/melinda-gates-blooms-with-her-own-identity/

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I knew she had a career in her own right. I was really interested in the information you found. Except for their charity work they both seem to stay out of the limelight and it was nice to read about someone's life because it was interesting and not filled with scandal.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

zainul

10 Years Ago

Thank you for your time to read and review the work.
I wanted to focus on Melinda as a persona.. read more



Reviews

This is a good one. I believe the selection of topic to write is brilient

Posted 10 Years Ago


I knew she had a career in her own right. I was really interested in the information you found. Except for their charity work they both seem to stay out of the limelight and it was nice to read about someone's life because it was interesting and not filled with scandal.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

zainul

10 Years Ago

Thank you for your time to read and review the work.
I wanted to focus on Melinda as a persona.. read more
found this an interesting read. I did not know much about Mrs Gates, but thanks to you, now i appreciate her. thanks.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

zainul

10 Years Ago

Thank you dear friend for taking time this work.
I feel very happy that this piece could provi.. read more
Here's a reality check for those caught up in the nonsense that the above essay propagates: http://www.worldsocialism.org/spgb/socialist-standard/2010s/2012/no-1297-september-2012/pathfinders-heavenly-gates

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

zainul

10 Years Ago

Thanks for the favor,Wez
Zainul, I was drawn to this because I am more of a story writer, I liked the way you mentioned unfunded.
A good peice of written research. Nice work.
Will

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

zainul

10 Years Ago

Thank you Will for being so nice to read and review the unfunded research.
I am mainly a poem .. read more
Here in American those extreme conservatives don't like them and many others for they consider them too liberal. But I don't judge like that especially great people like them are trying and doing so much good in America and the world. God looks at the hearts not the political leanings...Wonderful........

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

A noble and commendable thing you are doing great poet ...You are welcome...:)
zainul

10 Years Ago

I feel very honored by your inspiring observation.
This means a world to me.:)
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

:)....................
When two successful people marry and hold some office in the same field it helps But in this case they own the company making the whole world their oyster.MAY THEY ALWAYS BE HAPPY May they always give joy fro abundance to those who have little And may they know the gift of giving is a grand reward

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

zainul

10 Years Ago

Tate,I love your heartfelt wishes for the nice family.
Thanks for stopping by to grace this pi.. read more
Good research done Zainul, it was positively informative :)

Best Wishes

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

zainul

10 Years Ago

Thank you for the time to read and review the piece,Prritiy.:)
This is really a great honor fo.. read more
Prritiy

10 Years Ago

you are welcome :)
"unfunded research" that line made me smile, but truly, you have enlightened many of us today with your research. Therefore, it was very worthwhile! You are right, we seldom hear about Melinda Gates in the news. You have remedied this situation. Thank you for sharing. Lydi**

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

zainul

10 Years Ago

Thank you very much for getting a genuine reason to smile.
Your smile is really a great inspir.. read more
Goodness...I had no idea Melinda Gates was all this. You've done an amazing job of presenting her to us.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

zainul

10 Years Ago

Thank you Marie for stopping here again to be the first reviewer of this story.
I did lot of r.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

693 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 6, 2013
Last Updated on October 6, 2013
Tags: beauty, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundatio, Bill Gates, blooms, Cinemania, Co-founder, computer science, Dallas, Diana, Melinda Gates, Identity

Author

zainul
zainul

Dhaka, Bangladesh



About
I am a born writer. But always hesitated to publish. I regret now in vain. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..