******RP CURVE : Forum : Meeting Calvert

Meeting Calvert

16 Years Ago

Damon couldn't remember the woman's name but he knew she was an author, a well know, well published author much more successful than himself. If he could remember even as much as a book she wrote, he could do a fast Google search on his iPhone [formerly his PDA]. He wasn't sure why he had an iPhone because he rarely scheduled his appoints and never showed up on time. He was a closet tech freak. He always had to have the lastest toys.

Damon decided he wanted to meet her, and she had been fairly friendly with Alexis, so he might as well give it a shot.

He wanted to make a good impression on the woman, she was famous and hot, so he took his seldom used comb out of his pocket and slicked back his longish, wayward hair. He didn't wear his hair long enough to put it in a ponytail because it made him look too much like a hippy college professor. His hair was just curly enough it make him look perpetually unkempt.

He put Louey on his heating pad and left the small line at his booksigning table. He glided over to the famous author in the flattering little black dress and took her hand.

"Hello there, I'm Damon Cottrell, miss. I'm about to skip out on my panel. What are you doing right now?" There was a 'with me' heavily implied.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

After Alexis and I talked for a little bit, I see him walk away with a expression that looked like he was in thought. I stand there for a little while until I look around and walk away myself, noticing that there were a few people that had noticed me because of my name tag (I haven't taken that off??...I really should so the paparazzi doesn't spot me somehow...even though I know that they would be at WBC by now taking a few pictures...). I smile at them while ripping off the sticky name tag that was on my black dress. I'm so glad that I didn't under dress and that my instincts told me to wear a slimming black dress that I had just recently got for going out. I know that I'm (somewhat) rich, but I still like to look at the clearance shelves when I can without being stared at like I'm some alien from another planet.

After walking a few blocks around with the slightest idea where I am, I spot Cafe 79 and immediately enter inside (luckily, I know where a few good places are!). I take my place in line behind a man with mutli-colored dread locks, which are tied up in a bond up pony tail. I try not to stare, so I distract myself with two twin girls wanting to 'be like an adult' by trying their mother's coffee. The mom just nods her head no, saying that they'd get too wound up if they even took a sip. I smile lightly as the two girls remind me of my niece, who was about three years old. My sister Alexandria is about six years younger than I am, having a child already with another one coming along the way. Everyone's excited about the news, even my parents (who are upset with me because I haven't gotten married yet......).

Still staring at the weary eyed mother, I almost accidently bump into Mr.Mutli-Colored Dread-Locks and apologize before he gets upset with me (which makes me slightly blush from embarrassment). I can suddenly hear the song Don't Stop the Music from a pair of DJ headphones from the teenage girl behind me; the girl tapping her foot to the beat of the song. I ignore the sounds as I take my order of coffee, watching the guy that was in the front of me disappear into the thin air, making me double take before putting my credit card down. I shrug and take my coffee, putting the cream into my coffee while I took a seat nearby a table that was by a longer table with a man signing books called Bloodmoon. I close my eyes and take a sip of my coffee, setting down when I feel a strong hand wrapped around my hand, taking me by surprise. I turn around to say what the person was doing, yet I stopped myself when he introduced himself. "Uhm, I'm Scarlett Calvert...and I'm not doing much right now.." I say as I inspect Damon, his hear slick and curly at the same time while his hand is on mine. I couldn't help but wonder if he wrote Bloodmoon, being a favorite of my seventeen year old cousin's book of all times. Raising my eyebrow a bit in question, I ask "Did you write Bloodmoon?.." wondering if I was getting authors mixed up or not.....

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

(occ: I switched persons again. >.<)

I make note of the woman's name as I am currently intensely interested in her. I can't believe my lackidasical way I've been handling my personal hygine lately. It usually happens when I'm down, but what did I have to be down about? Life was good. Luckly, I had managed to shave and brush my teeth this morning. I most likely had coffee breath now, but since I had followed the woman into a coffe shop that shouldn't be a problem.

"Ms. Calvert! I should have recogized you. I am sorry. I hope I haven't disturbed you." I sit in a chair beside her. "I'm glad you are familar with my book. It's been quite popular. It's the second in a trilogy, so sales of my first book have bolstered as well. But, enough of this boring shop talk. I'm sure you have other things on your mind. Anyone can yammer on about writing with an author. I seem to remember you living out west someplace. Are you new to Manhattan? I could show you around. Right now, if you have the time."

I was desperately hoping she wanted to leave the boring conference and get out for a bit. The book signing gig had been good for me, but it's time had passed.

"Might I say you have the loviest eyes..."

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

[[OOC:It's ok; no worries! :) ]]

"Yeah, I used to live in Minnesota acutally....St.Paul. And yes, I'm very new to Manhattan; I actually just moved here because of my job. I've been here twice, but I'm still new..." I say, thinking of what Damon at said at first before saying anything else. "And it's ok, you didn't disturb me at all..I was just in my own little world....and sure, if you wanted to get out of the convention, I'd be glad...it's too hot in this place anyways.." Wow, I was making new friends fast. First Alexis and then Damon; my luck couldn't get any better. I thought I'd be alone in Manhatten,but I guess not anymore...

Taking a glance around, I heard Damon's compliment about my eyes and blushed pink. "Thanks.." I say, noticing first noticing the iguana on Damon's shoulder. "I like your iguana; my niece has one too.."

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

"Nothing wrong about not being from Manhattan. I hail from Jeresy myself. I just come in on weekends for conventions and when my publisher insists I be here. I know my way around fairly well though."

"Yeah Louey is a great friend. Which reminds me, I left him sitting on by booktable. I'll be just a moment." I hurried back to the booktable and signed a pile of my books leaving them out on the table for people to take. I placed a stack of my bussiness cards on the table. I placed Louey on my shoulder and fed him a couple of meal worms.

I'm in a generous mood, so I go over to the guy making coffee and give him my credit card. "Anyone who wants free coffee can have it. My treat. Be sure to tell them."

I sat down beside Scarlett. "I had to feed Louey, which reminded me I was hungry. Would you like to get something to eat. There is a great little italian place a couple of blocks down."

(occ: I'm playing Rambling Prose's character as one of mine now. She's no longer one of the six.)

I walked like a cat down the street toward the WBC. My stilletto heels made a sharp clicking noise as I walked. I pause as I enter the posh hotel. The heat coming out of the room is stilfing. Lucky for me I'm not wearing much. I look around at the loby full of people then notice a table. It was setup for a booksigning, but the author wasn't present. The guy was supposed to be hotstuff. I must have just missed him. Hmmm, I think. He left his bussiness card with his cell number here. I'll just take one with me.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

[[OOC:Ok, that's fine with me. And I hope you don't mind,but I'm going to make a new post for this post because when I look at this post, eveything is stretched off to the side for some reason...I hope you don't mind.]]