******RP CURVE : Forum : Meeting Calvert (cont.)

Going Out and About

16 Years Ago

I nod and listen to Damon talk, taking another sip of my coffee. “Yeah, my publisher lives around here too, so that another part of the reason why I moved here…”  I say, finishing off my coffee while Damon told me that he was going to get his pet iguana Louey.  He seemed to be in a great mood since he had just bought coffee for probably anybody that walked themselves into Café 19; which is a nice thing to do for anybody that forgot to bring their wallet or if a homeless person asked for a glass of water.

When Damon came to sit by me again, I give him a warm smile as he mentions about an Italian restaurant; being one of my favorite foods. “I love Italian food…so we can go there if you wanted to....” I took my seat from underneath myself, pushing it in while a few people shoot glances at Damon and I. I could tell a few people were wondering if I was really the Scarlett Calvert or not, other people probably wondering why Damon was just up to leave the coffee shop with a stranger who looked like a famous author.  

Taking a tiny gander over my shoulder, I then turn around and look at Damon with my electric blue eyes for a little bit before going towards the exit, waiting to see if Damon was coming or not…

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

(OOC: Windows problems last night. I'll try to hurry this post along.)

I took another long look at Scarlett's bright blue eyes. "Simply wonderful," I said under my breath as I gazed at them. Scarlett was truly a beauty in her sleek black dress. And, she said yes to my invitation. This day was looking better all the time."

I saw that she was making to leave, so I hopped up, beat her to the door, and opened it for her.

"The resturant is just over here. They serve the most wonderful linguni with clam sauce and their marinara is superb. These something almost sensual about great pasta. It just slides down your throat in such a way...mmm. Their pastas and cheeses are the best in New York.'

I took her hand as I led her across the busy street.''You have to go to these little mom and pop resturants to get real food here in Manhattan. The haghty Italian places are no better than a fancy S'barros."

I saw the resturant ahead on the right. "I hope we weren't followed. New York is full of types like me, but you...you would definately attract some attention."

It was a rather unassuming place with cafe' seating outside and a modestly decorated dining area inside. On the walls, were Italian lithographs depicting scenes from Venice to Fierenze. One entire wall was dedicated to a mural of the wonders of Rome.

The kitchen was open so you could see the chefs working from your table. Around the central island hung all manner of cheeses side by side with phenominal sauages and wreaths of garlic.

I had the waiter seat us at a small table in the back. It was more private, and I had a good view of the door. He brought us two wine glasses and an unassuming bottle of wine from a private vineyard.

The menu, a small lamented pamplet, was full of homemade pastas with your choice of the freshest sauces anywhere. The seafood was just caught this morning, and there were plenty of choices of fresh salads.

"I'm definately in the mood for pasta. Penne with Bolongaise and plenty of Parmesno Reggino," I said.

"Well tell me about St. Cloud...I mean...St. Paul. After I sell enough books, I think I might buy a place in the country."

I borrow a laptop from some unsuspecting Luser. Running a backward search on his cell phone number through public data, I write down his addresss. Jersey. I have a feeling inside like an intense craving. I'll just have drive over there and quench it. I hope he likes surprises.

I wink as I thank the man whose computer I used and get the hell out of the convention.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

[[OOC: Ok, that's fine with me...]]

“I bet they are. “I said as Damon and I walked across the street, looking around to make sure there were any of the paparazzi around us, making me have high hopes that they were on their lunch break. I didn’t notice Damon was holding my hand until we got to the other side of the street,  making me blush slightly as we got towards the Italian restaurant. I nod as I agree with Damon; everybody was so pesky if they saw celebrities hanging out (they would think that their dating suddenly or doing something weird behind society’s back…).

When I entered inside the restaurant, I thought it was a pretty restaurant with lovely pictures hanging about on the walls. There was a dedication to Rome, making me think of the time I had went to Rome with a few of my girlfriends before going to a play about Caesar.  

Getting a seat in a more private spot, I scanned down the menu before picking my favorite meal; chicken alfrado. “I’ll have the chicken alfrado, please…” The waiter nodded, writing the orders down as he walked into the kitchen. I get myself distracted a little bit the scenery, hearing Damon asking me about St. Paul. “Uh, it’s kind of a busy place, yet it has some nice places you can go to and the parks are nice…the scenery is also lovely, even at night…considering that you can’t see the stars sometimes because of the city lights….but nevertheless, it’s still lovely…”

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

when I finally retreated to my bedroom, and got into my house clothes, which I've been changing into since for this last week I got a phone call.. my boss tells me he has another bunch of flyers that he would pay me $85 to pass out....as I'm speaking with him on the cordless I hung my portfolio, and put away my book of ramblings on the mantel, and sat the WBC baggie on the oversized leather ottoman....Oliver my boss tells me the flyer is for a Rave, on the beach... he continues he's on his cell phone and is parked outside my place, and I looked out the sliding doors, and sure enough he's sitting there on his cell... he asks me if I want to go follow the paparazzi over by hotel and restaurants... A friend of his told  him about a spot by an Italian restaurant, where they hang garlic wreaths, cheese and sausage as part of the decor...they sighted Scarlett there, and someone else, he said he's not sure who... I thought about it for a minute and, I said okay... I grabbed my berks, I was in a jersey with faded blue sleeves, and a pair of oversized grey short pants... and got into Olivers car. I thought to myself, who could Scarlett 'been sighted with? It couldn't be Damon, I'm pretty sure he was probably at his panel thing still...hmmm....I guess I'll find out...as we drive on past the now green street light...

(6) The Indie Author

Oh no, not the paprazzi!....and is that Alexis with flyers for WBC?

16 Years Ago

Getting our food from the waiter, I start to eat when out of the corner of my eye I swear I see Alexis with a few flyers in his hands. I thought I heard him talking about flyers when we were talking earlier, but I wasn't sure where he going to post them (which makes me wonder when he wanted to get together....). Taking another bite of my alfrado, I then spot an umfamiliar face that I soon realize who it could be. "I think they're here." I whisper to Damon, having a gut feeling that it's the paprazzi. Oh great! Now their going to assume something's up, but I'm just having lunch with another (best-selling) author to get to know him better (can't I met new people or what?? Geesh....I guess not).

Sipping on a little bit of my wine, I glance at the front doors and wonder how we can get out of here without being totally spooked by the paprazzi (Oh man, this is my fault they're here...Can't I have a day without confrontations about why I'm in Manhatten and not St.Paul and why I wasn't speaking to Jeff anymore...they don't know that we're NOT DATING anymore.....it's been about five months or so....and I'm WAY over him...)

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Oliver and I made it to the restaurant strip and we stood by the Italian Restaurant. There was one or two people with cameras taking pictures and I couldn't look over the photographers shoulders to see who was in there, because they were much taller than I ...and over my other shoulder were a group of other photographers on there way over in a fast pace...

I was thinking that I was sort of jealous at the fact that she's having dinner with someone else and not me, and I am sure that she told me that she was new in town, so it had to be with someone she just met... but - well, I am not even sure that it is even Scarlet in there with a date...

I WONDERED WHO SCARLET WAS HAVING DINNER WITH...

between the two photograhers and the additional photographers that made there way into the open shutters of the restaurant, and the flashing of their cameras - made it impossible to ever see who they were shooting at...

I began telling my story to Oliver - that I met Scarlet, and how nice, and friendly she is... I told him I couldn't believe how sweet and personable someone as famous as she is ... would be.

He responded saying that he thought she would be a snot; I told him "not at all" and I also said that she seemed very reserved and loyal; I added that she didn't leave our conversation until I ended conversing; and that was very loyal of her... to her fans. I also told him with a deep breath under my voice, that she accepted my proposition to go out with me, ON A DATE! - and how excited I am! I told Oliver that I haven't been so inspired to write in so long, and that these events - like meeting Scarlet were really encouraging for me as a writer.

(6) The Indie Autor

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I picked up my plate and Scarlett's. "We are getting this to go." I kicked over the table so it fall between ourselves and the advancing "pops." The wine bottle broke spilling sanguine fluid all over the floor. "THEY are after us. I just know it. The poparazzi bit is just a diversion. We have to get out of here."

I shoved Scarrlett's plate into her hand and grabed her by the wrist. I pulled her across the room to an alley exit at the end of a corridor next to the bathrooms. I opened the door and dragged Scarlett into the alleyway. "We can't stay here. THEY will find us. I'll go see if the coast is clear."

I ran to the end of the alley and peered around the garbage strewn dumpster. There were about six men armed with cameras and I wasn't sure what else. THEY could have mind control lasers hidden in THIER cases. I saw Alexis standing behind them trying to look through the crowd. Could he be one of THEM I ask myself? No, he was my friend. But, They could have taken control of him. If that was the case, it was up to me to save him.

It was a risk but I had to try something."Pssst. Alexis. Alexis. Over here. Can you get away? C'mon. Follow me."

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I thought I heard someone calling my name, but through the glare of the flashing cameras, I could not see a thing!! "Who is calling me?" I wondered...

AND THEN....

for that one brief moment that the cameras weren't flashing, I saw her... Scarlett Calvert, with Damon Ross Cottrell!! The flashes of the cameras resumed as I put my head down, and Oliver seemed to notice my disappointment, and consoled me with a rub on my back...

I am one to keep composure still very groomed regardless of trying cirumstances, so I am sure that no one else noticed, but I have been friends with Oliver for longer than three months so, I appreciate that Oliver noticed. I thought to myself that my inspiration took a turn for the worst, but inspiration from a broken heart is better than no inspiration at all

(6) The Indie Author

Oh.my.god! Could this day get ANY worse?...Wait. Yes, it can..*sighs* Great. Just Great. Thanks a lot, Jeff....

16 Years Ago

Following Damon with my plate of food (which I thought was a bit of a bizarre plan), I dodged a few of the cooks and slid between the doors to the back of the dumpster. I didn’t know if this was really going to work, but I had a feeling it would distract the paparazzi for a matter of time until they figured out something out was going on and that the two authors were missing (inspiration for my book, maybe? Hmm…)

I stared vaguely at my food, feeling a little silly for holding the plate in between my hands. I didn’t know what to do with it, so I set it down and peered over Damon’s head. “Alexis?” I thought to myself, wondering if he was here because of the paparazzi…or because of his flyers. Shrugging at my own thoughts, my blood turned to ice when Damon tried to persuade Alexis to come over to where we were hiding. He turned his head over to us, a shocked expression on his face as I saw him looking at Damon and I.

I then suddenly feel guilty; as though I had hurt somebody in some way. I shake my head, seeing Alexis disappear in a camera flash. “Uh Damon, I don’t think he noticed that you were calling his name.” I said, taking out my cell phone to dial Marcus’ taxi service (thank god I met a guy who would take me around for free!).  I then nudge Damon a little, saying,” Follow me…” as I ran quietly towards the other alley way that was blanketed with the darkness of the shadows. Luckily, they can’t see us through here….

[[An hour later]] [[OOC:I hope you guys don’t mind if I did that…]]

I get pulled up to my condo, a place that doesn’t disappoint me every time I take a look around. The paparazzi was off our tails and I still was feeling like something was off. As I turn around to get of the taxi, I look over my shoulder to were Damon was sitting. “Well, I had a good time at the restaurant..even though they did find out where we were….” I said with a small frown, hoping that everything would be alright when Marcus was taking Damon to his place. “Thanks for taking me out…I’ll see you later….” I closed the taxi door, waving to Marcus and Damon as I walk up to the door of the condo place. I was really hoping that nobody would bombard me with weird questions or awkward confrontations.

The thought made me frown even more, digging out the card that Alexis had given me. “Oh s**t…” I muttered, running my hand through my reddish brown hair. I knew for a fact that he thought Damon and I were together; or at least in some form or shape of dating.  I purse my lips and think about what I would want to say, opening up the door as I let myself inside of the condo place. I took a long time before I got to first door (which was door 1…ironic, right?). I then took a deep breath from everything that had happened to me so far in just two days.

( First off, I moved to Manhattan for my boss’ sake (and also mine..) . Second , I went to a convention and  I met two new people (BONUS!). Third, I went out to a nice restaurant with a best seller author…and Fourth, I got ‘attacked’ by the paparazzi…..I really want to scream…)

Recalling the last event, I took off my shoes and closed the door behind me, locking it tightly so nobody would surprise me like they did an hour ago. I then sluggishly go to my computer, not going to my answering machine since it broke when I had dropped it on the floor the other day. I clicked the mouse twice, the computer turning on in a blink of an eye. When I click the little envelope icon, I see that there are about five messages for me and see that three are from Jamie, Lucy, and Carla while the other one is junk. As I scanned through to see where the fifth one was, I nearly choke on the water that I was sipping.  

I click onto the email with the title “Hey Lottie” from Jeff, rubbing my eyes as I bit my lip. “What the f**k do you want, Jeff?” I muttered under my breath, taking another chug of my water (I swear I only swear when I’m really pissed off!..). I scan the email and I wanted to die right there (right away).

Dear Lottie,

I just wanted to say that I’m sorry for ‘the little incident’ with Stacy. A man has his impulses and needs, so I just went with the impulse and made a bad move.  I’m still with Stacy, but I still really, really, really care for you in my heart (and I mean it, too). So please call me; we should really talk this out.

Jeff

I rubbed the temples of my head before typing back furiously.

Jeff,

Don’t sweet talk me by calling me Lottie and saying that you care for me. We’re over; I told you that about seven times when I was walking out of your apartment with the flowers that I had given to you to lighten up the dull walls in your stupid apartment.  And I don’t have any remorse feelings for you anymore, so just leave me alone…alright? I had a mildly bad evening before it got worse when you emailed me. Goodbye…I'm not going to call you...

-Scarlett

P.S. Don’t call me Lottie again.

When I clicked send, I stood up and retreat to my bedroom, falling flat on my face on the bed as I think about what had happened for about the third time in a row, wondering if I could anything to make the next day go over smoothly with the press and with a few other people as well as myself...…..