******RP CURVE : Forum : The cab ride home.

The cab ride home.

16 Years Ago

I memorized Scarlett's address as Marcus drove me to a park and ride in Jersey. I keep an  eye on him the whole way there. One can never be to careful these days. If THEY could get Alexis, THEY could have easily gotten me. To think, I left my new best friend in the clutches of some pamphlet passing freaks working for THEM.

I took a walk around the block to make sure I'm not being followed. The coolness of the Spring evening felt refreshing after the stuffiness of WBC. Louey huddled closer to me to get warm. The air was crispy and highly visable this evening due to the level 4 pollution alert.

After making my round of the block and checking to see if Marcus was hanging about, I took my cover off my yellow Super Lotus roadster and drove down the expressway toward the Pine Barrens. The haze and the maze of the big city was soon left behind me as I drove into a more rural setting. I follow some lesser roads to my plot of land in the country. After the events of the day I had considered going to one of my places in the city, but right now I was in a mood to be alone.

As I pulled up to my late victorian manor, I learned I was not alone. There was a black Miata in the drive way with my '32 coupe cruiser, two matching Union Jack Super Mini's, and my dark green hybird Yukon.

A sleek woman was in the sleek little vechicle. She had dark olive skin and a slick black dress that matched well with her car. Her hood was up. "Who are you and what are you doing at my place?"

"I'm Crystal. I seem to have had a bit of car trouble." Never one to refuse a woman in need, I pulled up beside her. Now, I'm s**t when it comes to cars and I told her so. She didn't look like one of THEM, but THEY never did. I couldn't be sure. Not being one to be impolite I envite her in for a drink.

"You are the man who writes those wonderful books, aren't you?" She asked in a coy voice. When she stood up there was a lot more to her to be seen. The woman was simply a knock out.

"If you can call gothic horror wonderful, I'm your man."

"Yes, you are." She slid up my steps as I unlocked the door. Then she slid right up against me. "You will clean up wonderfully, I think." I could feel her hot breath on my face as she looked me right in the eyes. I could feel her hand on my chest and her body pressed close to mine. "Forget the drink. Go take a shower and when you come out I'll have a surprise for you."

I like I said, I was not one to refuse a woman in need.