******RP CURVE : Forum : Saturday Morning around 11:00 ..

Saturday Morning around 11:00 am

16 Years Ago

I spent the morning listening to Crystal praise me for my breakfast and critize me for my style. Sure, I had some fancy antiques, but they weren't in any motif. I had pieces from different eras and styles strewn about the house. She called it more rummage sale than antiquing. My overall style as romanesque which didn't fit well with my gothic house. She also was not impressed by my geniune wax monster figures I rescued from a closing wax museum.

She thought a rising star like myself should do more to flaunt his wealth with flair and class. "Look like you are a success, and you will feel like a success." She was all about appearances.

For her, I dress in my Armani's I bought at Saks for the first time (grey shirt and black trou with a black woven belt with silver highlights). I slipped on my pristine burgandy loafers, and told Crystal I was going out for the day. I grabbed Louey I my way out the door.

I told Crystal she could stay or leave but to lock up on her way out. I think she was anxious to leave and get back to civilazation. Before I left, she said as much. Weighing my options versus my laziness my laziness won out. I asked if I could catch a lift back to Mahattan with her. She said it would be fine and she could show off her Miata and me, but only if Louey stayed behind.

That clenched it. The night had been wonderful but I couldn't take her crap anymore. I grabbed my laptop and my "day bag" and headed off in my Lotus Super Seven.

I parked in New Jersey and caught the subway to mid-town. Coming out of the subway I ran into someone I knew. "Hey" I said...