******RP CURVE : Forum : Central Park and the Safe Hous..

Central Park and the Safe House.

15 Years Ago

After spending some time at a Starbucks wishing their Irish Coffee was real, I was in a better mood. It was a pleasant day, and after eight shots of expresso, I was in the mood to do something. I headed out to central park and took a walk. I let some of the kids in the park play with Louey. I  walked some more and enjoyed the lake. It was getting warm, so I gave my Armani Jacket to a homeless man with a shopping cart full of old copies of Broadway playbills and soup cans.

I walked past a point where bluebirds played in the trees and pigeons played on the statues. I kept walking. I was walking past Strawberry Fields whistling Ozzy Osborne's Ironman-- trying to remember if I liked the Beatles. I decided I did but couldn't remember any of their songs. It was a shame John Lenon got shot in the back. I said as much to a passerby who ignored me. Wasn't very nice of him. I tried to talk to more people. Rude people. I smiled and said have a nice day. I know I'm not being rude to them. Live and Let Die, I said. Wait a minitue, I think I thought of a song!

After a good round of the park and three more stops at a Starbucks. I head on over to the NYC public library. I get a library card under an assumed name and check out all the books by me. The librarian doesn't notice. I take them outside and read passsages aloud on the steps. I have to read them several times because loud people keep interupting me, and I have to make sure I didn't leave any secret messages to myself.  I signed the books and put them in the depository.

I walked past a street preacher saying the end is near. I waited to hear how near, but the man never seems to get to the point. I mark it on my rolex that it was about twenty minutes nearer than it was. I told him to cheer up because he is probably right and gave him a Starbuck's card. He just yelled blasphemies at me.

I took a tour of the Museum of Natrual History. After looking at the exhibits, I exclaimed to the tourguide that if natural selection is real and life is just random chance then they should teach intelligent design in schools to give kids a sense of purpose.

It started getting dark so I proceeded to one of my safe houses in Manhattan. It wasn't much but apartments in Mahattan are expensive. Even moreso when you keep to or three for emergenies. I picked the one that had running water and a functional toilet.

I unpacked my "day bag" and changed into my khakis. I set Louey on a piece of driftwood and turned on a lamp for him.

I don't need to sleep. I kept pacing the floor. Finally, I open up my laptop and begin to write. I work on another three chapters. I don't stop to read what I've written so I wondered if any of it made sense. I figured it didn't matter. My fans liked the last one, and I never read it. I alternated between pacing and writing. Paced. Wrote. Paced Wrote. Looked at the clock it was after 2am. I was going to go for the rest of the night.

My next set of pacing gave me an idea. I took out my iphone, and I called Scarlett. I had to make sure we weren't dating. I didn't think we were, but the paper said so, and I might have missed something.

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Getting into my condo, I could hear my phone ringing already and my head started to hurt severly. I only had two drinks, but it made me tispy enough where I could get huge headaches. Tripping over my own two feet, I picked  up the phone and tried looking for some asprin.

"Hello, who is this?" I asked, wondering who would be calling at around 2 A.M. in the morning...

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

"It's Damon. I saw the papers. Why do they think we are an item? Did I miss something here, or what?" I tried to sound like I was in a jovial mood. I hope it didn't come off wrong. "Ack, I'm sorry. I lost track of the time. I hope I didn't wake you...anyway, unless we really are dating, we aren't are we? I say we don't let this ruin our day. If they want to think we are dating then let's play along for a little while. Have some fun with it. I'm not quite sure how, but I think we can use this to our advantage."

I leaned against the table as I was talking. "I mean, it's not like they are going to drop the story anyway. What do you say? Are you up for a few hijinks? If they want headlines we can give the some. This is going to last until the next news cycle anyway..."

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

(I wonder if Damon and Scarlett been out together again? [I guess I would know about it, since Oliver would inform me about paparazzi location] Although those two would probably know exactly where to go  and what to do to stay out of the spot light... I hope it doesn't seem I'm being obssesive about Scarlett or lovesick, or unusually jelous... )

(6) The Indie Author

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Rubbing my eyes from insomnia, I took a sip out of the water bottle that I had in my right hand before reply to Damon. "I have no idea why they think we're an item....I think it's because of when you took me out for lunch two days ago when we had first met each other...plus, I think they were bored with themselves and wanted something rather juicy to bite out of since I'm a famous author and all.'
    "No, it's fine...I'm actually kind of awake here.  And I'll think about your offer on that one..I mean, it's kind of fun messing around with their heads once in a while, buuut....I'm not sure. Call me tomorrow--urgh, I mean tonight tonight...around 10ish? I'll probably have an answer then?" I took another sip of water, wondering what would happen if I actually pulled it off. I mean, it would just rile up the papers...until something else came along. Then they'd back off and Damon and I could 'break up' then. Urgh, I have no idea (too awake, perphaps?).
    Tapping my fingers on the counter, I tell Damon that I'm going to try to get some rest, not wanting a major hangover and a headache at the same time....