Anime Club : Forum : Writing to Reality?

[reply] [quote]

Writing to Reality?

14 Years Ago

I thought this might be a good place to ask this question. 

Has anyone ever tried make any kind of actual Anime/Manga?  Not professionally I mean, but just a sort of independent thing, maybe on their own website or posted on a portal site somewhere?  Newgrounds.com use to have some decent anime-style flash cartoons a few years ago (though I think that site is out of control these days). 

I've been working on a series for several years now, but I've never been able to find any willing talent or creative partners that will stick around long enough to complete anything.  I've even become pretty handy at flash and photoshop, but my minimal artistic talent keeps me from striving on by myself.  I have several episodes/issues fully scripted, and an outline filling out 3 seasons worth of content, not to mention all the background, history and other related writings based on this same setting and characters.  But I've yet to get anywhere past the concept art phase. 

Has anyone out there even attempted something similar?  Any success?  Any common roadblocks encountered?  I love writing, but I would love even more to be able to see my story played out in a visual medium someday.  Anyone else in the same boat?
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

Yeah same thing happen to me and is still happening to me. I've tried on paper at first with very simple graphics but good story line. As for flash, I'm still working on that, but have took some classes on it. Photoshop is pretty good and I have some artistic talent on paper and when it comes to the computer. 

This problem generally comes up to anyone who tries to attempt this and finding good partners well thats a project of its own, but the drawing tablets you hook up to the laptop or desktop should be helpful with flash and photoshop. I agree that seeing your work visually rather than  in writing has a different experience. You can take some classes or have some one help you. I have an anime club that me and 2 of my friends founded in my school and we teach how to draw anime. It helps and soon we'll be making our own manga. So try to practice some drawing. There are many different helpful techniques.
[reply] [quote]

Re: Writing to Reality?

13 Years Ago

Ummm. I am one of those people ^^
I can usually only do basic flashes and animations, but I am currently creating books for my school. [they forced me]
I am the anime club president at the school actually and I was made to be able to do that.
So lo and behold, after I am at least partially done they will publish the first book and distribute them to the schools and conjoining schools. ^^
But I'm terrible at it, I have a smackjeeves account and a deviant like most artists and I am VERY handy with photoshop, although it does  fizz out on me sometimes.
[reply] [quote]

Re: Writing to Reality?

11 Years Ago

I have created four mangas but for my classmates to read only... I have two finished mangas and I have two which is unfinished