Books Only. : Forum : What Contests would you like t..

What Contests would you like to see here?

11 Years Ago

I'm thinking Chapter contests for this first one, but I want to know what kind of contests you want? You want your best love scene? Your best death scene? Funniest chapter? Let me know, the one with the most wants will be the first. If you have an idea feel free to share it! Thanks!

Re: What Contests would you like to see here?

11 Years Ago

I think we should start with something basic.
Like a chapter contest where the members post what they think is their best chapter.
No. of winners can be upto the moderator ... That way we can have our first competition and the writers can get reviews as no one can determine if the chapter is great or not without reading and reviewing them.
Plus it might ignite the interest to read the whole book !!! What say ? 

11 Years Ago

I like that idea. I think that would work. Its really all about getting your writing read anyways. anybody else got any ideas?

11 Years Ago

I do! Hey My name is Donald And I have been writing since I learned too, as we all, LOL. My idea may inspire all of us even me. You know sometimes we just pull away for a time just because we lost interest or not in the mood it happens to all of us. My Idea will be Roll Play for all of us to write a short story or even as long as the bible. It really is not a contest it is just for fun. One will write a paragraph or sentence the other will follow Be sure to write your initial at the start of your paragraph or sentence. Example (DM). One paragraph or sentence per day and see what idea's we can come up with together. 

My contest idea will be who can create an Unkown Land or world with imagination that is more detailed. 

If you do decide to go with this at least let me write the first sentence in return of the idea. My first sentence: 

(DM)The rays of the sun cast a sudden warmth among the ageing walls that were hollow and weak. The screams of a forgotten past echoed near the mountains that were off to the right of the old forest.

11 Years Ago

Thats actually quite beautiful! and a great idea, but I mean, you could do that here in the forums, just start one, I'll join in on it, and I will send out a mail about it. Cause if you think about it, the forums would go in order of the story. Thats an amazing idea. I like it a lot! YOU start the forum, and I'll send out the mail when you do.

11 Years Ago

How about a contest for the best book title?