Concrete Angels : Forum : How does the abuse from past e..

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Yes, we all have our ways of coping... but the same pain is there. Strange concept and yet people view thing differently. I have grown fond of you Crystal, knowing your background and how you have suffered so much. Still you suffer... I'll be there when I can.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Hi everyone, thanks to Crystal for inviting me to join Concrete Angels. I was abused in my past and I believe that I've successfully moved past my abuse(sexual and domestic violence).

In 2005, I revealed my struggles for the first time to a group of women at our church's Women's Retreat. That took 20 years, but it was a turning point in my life. I was a speaker at the event and my topic was Sex and The Single Sister.(of course, I've since gotten married :) I knew that God had placed me in that situation at that moment to set myself free, but also to set free those who would hear me speak. I did lots of praying and searching whether God wanted me to out myself in that way, but he showed me that that was what he wanted. I would like to share what I wrote on here and I ask that you read it. It's long, but it's about overcoming and moving past this point of shame and hurt. I will probrably post it in another thread and customize it to suit this site and to help others who see no way out, to hold hope that one day, theyWILL be better. I'm routing for everyone here, because we are more than overcomers!

STRENGTH, COURAGE & WISDOM,
Anastasia

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Your VERY welcome, girl! What you shared was very uplifting! ::biggrin:: Keep on sharing. Believe me, you are touching others with your story!

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Oh yes...I can relate Krystal, about the the little reminders that throw you back into the past. I no longer am terriorized by nightmares of my past. I've started standing up for myself in my dreams, and repeating in my mind, I'm a grown woman now...they are not actually here...thy can't hurt me now. I use to be suicidal...I thought no man would want me when he learned the truth, I was wrong. Of course it was when I chose to live and fight for what is rightfully mine, that I found love and happiness. It was when I began to trust, I made real friends.

For me...I had to do a rewrite of my life's story. Nearly 20 of my 31 years alive were tainted with abuse. I DID not want to identify myself as "her" anymore...I needed to be me and free myself from the chains of guilt. It is rare that I slip into a depression over my past. If I do, it is over things in my present life. I learned as long as you keep the past alive, you keep the pain alive and you continue to relinquish your God given power and right to be happy, to be free, to be love. Enough was enough for me, and I fought back. I used my gift of words in poetry to purge my feelings. I still do from time to time. Poetry is food for my soul.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

You seem as though you have moved on. You are an inspiration for all the others. I know I have Post Traumatic Syndrom and it can be difficult. There isn't much you can do. Many peole who have been in war come back with the same thing. I feel and I know I was in combat/war zone most of the childhood. Now I have to deal with the nightmares, the insecurities, trusting issues and so much more. But I try everyday to Thank God that I am alive. He will help me with the rest.

next Next Page
last Last Page