Concrete Angels : Forum : Just wanted to Introduce Mysel..

Just wanted to Introduce Myself

17 Years Ago

Hello to all my new friends,
I am Carla Marie, I am 38 years old, married for 18 years to a wonderful man my night in shining armor, mother of 4 beautiful children. I am a survivor of sexual, mental, verbal and physical abuse ( it started when I was 10 and ended when I was 18) but the emotional scars still remain, at this point in my life I am trying to move past all of this now that the b*****d who did this to me is dead and start living my life for real, not just in the pretend to be happy mode as I call it. I am dealing with my demons as I have always done but as of this moment I am going after them in full force now. i wanted to thank you all in advance for excepting me into your group, it helps to know I am not the only one that this has happened to, I wish I was because the pain this leaves behind is immense, but I am not and it is nice to have people to talk to who understand what you are going through. I have my good and bad days, but mostly now my bad days are lessening, and my good days are becoming more abundant, which is always a good thing. So THANK YOU

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Nice to meet you and welcome to the little group we have going. It is actually growing! So many people you would never expect have gone through horrific things and live normal lives. The purpose here is to give a helping hand and ear. Thank you for introducting yourself.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Hello Carla! I'm Catrina. 31, live with boyfriend, no children together, but he has daughter. My abuse started when I was barely a toddler clear to 19. I too endure the same types of abuse as you. I don't know if my abuseres are alive or dead, and I don't care. I'm just glad I'm still here. As Krystal said, we are hear to listen and be a shoulder so that we learn to live with our past, but not let it run or ruin our lives. I'm happy you are a part of this group. And I hope your good days continue to become many. Yes, this group is growing. I feel "normal" just knowing I'm not the only one here who have been through this. I am certain now, I'm not crazy.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Hi Carla Marie,
You are more than welcomed. I'm Anastasia. I'm a 33 year old native of the Bahamas and I joined the Cafe to expose my work and meet other aspiring writers. I was very excited to find a this group; it's a bonus! We've all felt the shattering pain of abuse and are striving to fully heal and move past it. I admire the strength and determination of your words: "I am dealing with my demons as I have always done but as of this moment I am going after them in full force now." BRAVO!! With that attitude you will overcome. You're among friends who care. Please feel free to use my PM button when and if ever you want to.
WELCOME!

Strength, Courage & Wisdom,
Anastasia

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Hiya and welcome! (yeah, I'm a little bit late) Although I am more or less an absentee member, I am so glad to see you are here. It is wonderful to be able to talk through things and find healing in knowing you are not alone. My marriage was a doozy, but I survived and I am now blessed to be loved by a man who adores me and makes me feel safe and protected. I am a mother of 3 beautiful kiddos and I work full time as an apt manager. I stay so busy I seldom have time to dwell on the past and thus, spend most of my time reveling (trying to survive the everyday) in the present. I pop in and out of the cafe as much as possible, but if you ever need a friend, drop me a line. I'm a pretty good listener.

Much Love Friend!

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

well hello to all.. i am 22 years old have a 2 year old son that is my life.. just got out of a bad relationship.. i also have had some abuse in my past by my uncle and also when i was deployed.... i am battling throgh most of it.. nice to talk to people that this has happened to other then people that have no idea what it feels like. if anyone needs a helping ear i am glad to give it.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

You have my support and prayers. Love, Lynn

Oh, you of wounded spirits
I offer you a place of rest;
Walk among my mountains,
And climb to Eagle's nest.
Come swim my oceans,
Or feel my desert's fire.
Sit beside running waters
To reclaim your heart's desire.
Seek my silent forests,