Concrete Angels : Forum : Thoughts on Assignment 3

Thoughts on Assignment 3

16 Years Ago

Hello Friends,

How did assignment 3 go for you? And if you did not post--how was it to think about the question?

I started out writing...I never plan or outline my stories, they just come through in tangents or ideas and I run with them. My first thought was how is my life different than the life of my abuser--what if he experienced what I did? What if he could see himself in my eyes, my feelings? Then I found this old Mother's Day card he gave me..and that just triggered the whole story. As I started writing, I also saw how much my abuser had went through as a child..only I didn't feel sorry for the sob or even have any kind of sympathy. To be honest, there comes a point when you go through alot but you make a choice--on how you live and what to do with your experiences. My ex crossed a line--he became a perpetrator (and a whole lot of other negative things!).
I don't know if I answered the question but I will say that the one big difference I have learned is that despite everything, I am not going to live in fear. I will be strong enough to be myself. A self that changes, that grows--and that seeks loving, empowering relationships. My life, my example will be positive.
The shorter version is on my page btw... ::smile::

Love, Lynn