Concrete Angels : Forum : Can't Save All the Children.....

Can't Save All the Children...Update

16 Years Ago

So many things have happened with Paige and her sister since I wrote that story a few years ago. They have moved back to Minnesota with thier parents and have plenty of problems with numerous evictions and other issues. Only God knows why they are still with thier parents!

Paige actually came to visit the kids and me a couple of days ago with her social worker. I thought for a moment that the social worker was her sister because she was so young and it has been quite a while since I had seen her.

It turns out that Paige is now on probation (she was too embarrassed to tell me why). And she looked so terribly sad while she was here, but she was so happy to see us! I'm happy that we were able to make such an impression on her that she wants to come back and visit.

She had mentioned to me more than once that our home was the only place she felt comfortable. I think that is such a sad statement, but in my heart I am glad that we were able to give her a moment of peace in her fucked up life.

Paige couldn't stay long; social worker had other business to take care of I guess. It was nice to see her again. I hope that she will eventually find herself and her calling through the distraction of the chaos in her life.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Thanx for the update hun, I was wondering what had happened to those poor children. I'm so glad you were able to leave her with such a nice impression that she felt the need to come and visit you, and was embarressed by her being probation, shows that she knows you wouldn't like what she had done, and maybe she will think twice before doing it again. Thank-you for the update, lets hope she'll come back and see you again.