Fight SOPA : Forum : Petition

Petition

12 Years Ago

If you want the Senate to vote no, leave a comment!!!! PLEASE! Someone will personally email this to the Senate members if we get enough comments!

Re: Petition

12 Years Ago

They better vote no!!

12 Years Ago

Originally posted by Broken Dreams(aka Animelover, or Circle)
They better vote no!!

Yeah, they better vote no. Please invite your friends.

12 Years Ago

Totally!

But, you're forgetting....in order for it to become a law, congress has to vote, and then the president must sign it. Obama's already claimed that he opposes SOPA, so unless they go around the (hopeful) veto, it should be fine :)

12 Years Ago

I still don't completely understand it...I've seen a lot of things on Tumblr about it bu I don't know what it is.

12 Years Ago

Originally posted by crazysox
Totally!

But, you're forgetting....in order for it to become a law, congress has to vote, and then the president must sign it. Obama's already claimed that he opposes SOPA, so unless they go around the (hopeful) veto, it should be fine :)

Yay!!!!!!

12 Years Ago

I wanna get involved in this, cause it sounds serious. Can somebody clarify SOPA for me. :) thank you :)

12 Years Ago

SOPA is ridiculous. it's been proved that it doesn't even help. just stop this madness. 

12 Years Ago

Originally posted by adam4abbie
I wanna get involved in this, cause it sounds serious. Can somebody clarify SOPA for me. :) thank you :)

Yeah, I wanna know too. What is this SOPA thing? What's it about? (I apperantly have not heard about it till now....Some one please tell us what it is?)

12 Years Ago

Here is an article I found on it. Basically it kills US jobs and web sites to try to end pirating stuff, but in reality it won't do squat.

12 Years Ago

Thanks. I Hope they say no!

12 Years Ago

I've been actively participating in online protests, as well as getting updates from 5 different leaders in fighting against it.

I have to say that Obama says he's probably going to veto it if it makes it to his desk. It's too vaguely written, thus putting us in danger of these 5 year sentences and thousand dollar fines.

Another thing we should be standing up against is the bill giving military servers the right to indefinitely detain American citizens without trial.

12 Years Ago

They better say no or we are all screwed.

12 Years Ago

Originally posted by crazysox
Totally!

Can't the Senate revoke the veto if there is a 2/3 vote? Or is that the House of Reps?

12 Years Ago

Will they take away WritersCafe? :'c

12 Years Ago

They wouldn't take it away, but they would really screw up every social network.

12 Years Ago

Not fair........

12 Years Ago

They need 41 senators to vote no.
Right now there are 36 openly opposing senators as apposed to the total 5 there were two weeks  ago.

We're making huge progress, but we're also running out of time.

The Hollywood companies that are backing this bill can keep making little changes until they satisfy Obama and the senate. You better believe they'll take that opportunity.

12 Years Ago

The Land of the Free is becoming The Land of the Almost Free But Not Really.

12 Years Ago

It's so wrong! I'm so upset at it! what happened to Freedom of speech? Isn't this a type of speech?

First Page first
Previous Page prev