I Am Woman : Forum : Surrogate Mothers

Surrogate Mothers

16 Years Ago

Could you ever consider being a surrogate mother?
What if your sister or best friend asked , or just anyone?
Could you, would you?

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I think this would be something very difficult to do... I mean you are carrying around the fetus for the nine months, going through all the pain of delivering it and then poof the newborn is out of your life...
Recently I was watching a show "army wives" and the one wife was a surrogate mother (who got 50K for doing it)... after she gave birth she was having a real hard time with the whole letting go and not wanting anything to do with the babies. I know it is a TV show that is fictional - but still those feelings have to be based on some truths...

That all being said - if my sister asked I would do it for her - but she is probably the only one that I would be able to for -

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

This is a good question!!! My oldest sister had a botched sugery when she was 10 that now is affecting her ability to have kids, 2 years ago I was her surrogate. It's actually not a bad feeling. You would think that it would be but it's not, I've never wanted kids myself only because I have a huge family already and I don't what to be in control of messing up another human beings life. So that part about having a living fetus growing inside of your body it's tough but it never really affected me in anyway because I was doing it for my sister and I'd do it again for any of my sisters. I'm not sure if I could do it for anyone else that's something I'd really have to think about for a while. Only because I don't know them from Adam or Eve they could be molesters, beaters or whatever. There's a lot to concider with strangers but with either situation you have to know what your getting yourself into and what it means at the end of it.

I hope that helps..

~~theta

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

This is a hard subject. I would want to help out the girl that can not have a baby. But on the other hand the child would be growing inside me for 9 months. I don�t know if I could give the baby up. There is a special bond there even if it is not your egg you still fall in love with the baby growing inside. Especially when you feel the first kicks and hear the heart beat for the first time. I probably not be able to do it. I would suggest that the woman wanting a baby go and adopt one. They need a home to�

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

No, I would not do it, not even for my sisters. I have my tubes tied and I have a heart problem, so child bearing is out for me. BUT, even if I could, I would not. I don't like the idea of being pregnant or enduring that type of pain. Nor do I think I could part with the child. So no...I would not volunteer for that job.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

That was a very selfless thing you did, i commend you.. You are a great sister.

Chloe
xoxo

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I would have done it for a friend at church, who through some cosmic screw-up can't have children even though she would be the most amazing mother (and is to her adopted children). But before I could approach her & her husband about it--and my husband--I ended up under the knife with an emergency hysterectomy. One of my biggest regrets in life.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I really really believe in the children and that our future lies there; but I know I wouldn't be able to do this for anyone else. Not friend, nor family. There is a too great of a bond for me.
I also have this idea of people being able to have children for a reason; and others not being able to - for a reason. Not a religious reason, but the body says no and to me that means something.
But then again, that's me.

To each their own, surely [smiles]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

If you want a kid, adopt one. Trust me, it's easier. If you get one of the older ones you can skip the whole waking up every two hours to take care of it. Or try at age 3+.
I would do it, but it would be cheaper to adopt than to have me as a surrogate mother. Besides, it's got to be a pain in the a*s to carry it for 9 months and then deliver it.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Quote:
Originally posted by Midnight Writer�
If you want a kid, adopt one. Trust me, it's easier. If you get one of the older ones you can skip the whole waking up every two hours to take care of it. Or try at age 3+.
I would do it, but it would be cheaper to adopt than to have me as a surrogate mother. Besides, it's got to be a pain in the a*s to carry it for 9 months and then deliver it.

LMFAO!!!!! really hahahahahaha!!!!!! someone should have told my sister that she hated getting up every 2-3 hours chnging dipers, feeding, ect... and then when all the waking up stopped she started freaking out because he slept thoughout the whole night she thought there was something wrong... sorry i know i enjoyed that too much but you just have to know my sister (i really like it when she being tortured)..

but i do understand the adopting part of it in a few years i want to adopt 16 yr olds just so they have 2 years to get the hell out of my house and off to school. i know it sounds wrong but the way i see it is that they are the last (if ever) to get adopted and for there last few years of being a young adult they should make the most of it and not be so bitter that nobody wanted them.....you know being able to have there own room, eat whatever they want go hang out with friend (come home and get cussed out for being late and not calling) you know everything our parents did to us when we did stupid things....lol i know it mean but hey at least i've given it alot of thought ::biggrin::

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Myself personally I don't think I could ever be a surrogate mother. I could not carry a child around for nine months, feel the child move, watch the progress, give birth to it, then hand it over. It would be too heart breaking for me.

Kate

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Wow, that is an excellent question. I honestly don't know. I have a friend right now who is completly baby sick and she cannot have a child. I have talked to her alot about adopting and how rewarding that would be, but I have never considered any other way I could be of assistance. Now my thoughts on getting pregnant are kinda jaded. I was a foster child, and I really think sometimes, with so many children in the world who have no one to love them, who are being passed around and mistreated, why bring another one into the world? But then again I understand a womans need to be pregnant and to create life. I honestly think I could not do it though. I would want my friends or famliy to adopt...

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Adopt at 16... sounds like a good idea...

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Quote:
Originally posted by Siobhan Macintyre
I would have done it for a friend at church, who through some cosmic screw-up can't have children even though she would be the most amazing mother (and is to her adopted children). But before I could approach her & her husband about it--and my husband--I ended up under the knife with an emergency hysterectomy. One of my biggest regrets in life.

I am so sorry this happened to you. You shouldn't feel so regretful. Maybe it wasn't mean to be,, then again it's hard to say.. I am very sorry about the hysterectomy..

Peace and Love