I Love Haikus! : Forum : Welcome!!!

Welcome!!!

17 Years Ago

Welcome to the I Love Haiku group! Feel free to introduce yourself and tell al little about yourself if you so desire to do so. Tell us why you enjoy reading as well as writing haikus? In this group we will focus on haikus and Tankas. We will have challenges, contests and group reviewing of a haiku each week. Any suggestion you may have for this group, please list them.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Hi!

I'm Luce Della Strega, better known to some as Aradia Redswan. (You can call me by either name) I'm from Massachusetts and am the mother of 2 girls (my "day" job). One's autistic and the other is a toddler, so they're a handful. (They're also the reason why it's hard for me to keep up with read requests, so if you have sent me one and I haven't gotten to it yet, that's probably why. Don't worry, I WILL get there...)

This seems like a cool group! I'll start on the challenge as soon as I look up the words so I know what they mean... KIDDING!!

:: sneaks out dictionary and hides under the desk ::

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

::joins luce under the desk::

acrimonious? :/

::biggrin::

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Acrimonious pertains to being bitter. Now hand me back the dictionary!. lol.

Hello All! I'm Catrina. I live in CA. 31, have a boyfriend whom I live with, and no kids. I love writing and music. Like to cook and watch good movies. I like snow and rain. I live a pretty hectic life, on most days, on the go. but in my spare time, I devote as much as I can to writing and WC.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

:: holds onto dictionary for dear life and whines :: NOOOOO!!!! MINE!!!!! ::tongue::

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

* steps back defeated* Fine! Then at least share with everyone esle Aradia...*mutters* damn, already we got a wild one on our hands. lol.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rei

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

HI^_^ I love eastern writing it makes me feel close to my roots(im japanese) Well I am gonna have fun here, with all you great people ::tongue::

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

An we are glad to have you darling.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I am Crystal... I'm in between last names right now, so I am just Crystal. I have 3 extraordinary children: Austen (9), Alysa (8), and Ashli (4). They drive me crazy; they keep me sane... whatever sense that makes. I have a wonderful, loving, crazy-bout-me boyfriend who is terribly jealous of the time I spend on anything other than him. And I am a full time apartment manager in smalltown, tn. With all of that I have little time for my writing... which I deeply love. That's what's so great about Haiku's... short and simple! Gotta go for now! Catch ya'll later!

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Hello,
I'm Anastasia. I'm a writer from the Bahamas. I'm here to learn, give and receive constructive criticism. Thanks to Yira for inviting me to join. I love reading haikus, because they used words efficient and powerfully. I enjoy the challenge of writing a good Haiku. There's a lot I don't know, but hope to learn.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

We are glad to have you aboard Anastasia. We are all learning in this group, so don't feel bad or left out. Just do your best and have fun with learning and writing haikus.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Heyyyyy I'm Breezie. ::biggrin:: I'm 13, and I'm in the 8th grade. I turn 14 July 14. Yayness. I never used to like haiku, in fact I sort of hated it, but now that I've actually seen good haiku, I have fallen in love (with haiku that is). You know how it goes. If all you've ever had is bad eggs, then you aren't really gonna like eggs, are you?

Lol...yeah.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

My name is Stephanie and I am 24. I joined this group because of the amazing woman that is our moderator and because of a few friends. There is a man who writes some of the most amazing haiku, Antony Amative, check his stuff out if you have not because his writing is truly inspiring. I have written many haiku and have added them here to the group. I love writing and I write whatever moves me. You may not always like what I write or what I write about, but it will always be real and true as it can be coming from me.

This is a great group and a great community and I am glad to be part of it. Thank you Cat! You rock girl!!!!

::cool::

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

My name is Beatrice. I am 27 from a smalltown in Michigan. Ihave a son who is nearly 1 a fantastic boyfriend, and unnatural love of muffins. I have loved haiku/senryu/tanka since my first experience with them in gradeschool. For me writing them is like meditation. They are practicing the art of "letting go". Wipe away all the extraneous and you are left with pure, deceptively simple, meaningful language.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Welcome to the group Beatrice. We are glad to have you with us. Feel free to ask us any of a question should want to know anything about the group. This is a relatively new group, still trying to become more established. As for the challenges, start when ever you feel comfortable. If you wish to start now, I will send you the 3 photos we used to write our haikus. As for past challenges, take your time and do them whenever you can. I try to listen to ech members concerns, so if you have a sidea or suggesstion, or even a problem with this group, PM ASAP. Again, welcome to the group.-Catrina

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I thought I did one of these intro thingies already, but better late than never I guess. Linden here, coastal South Carolina on hurricane watch...though I ain't gonna tell nobody if'n I see one...I'ma just gonna watch it... O.o (that is a joke btw...don't freak out) I've been around off and on in the haiku group and do apologize for the recent absence from the challenges. Work and other things have occupied a lot of time lately. I will do my best however, to join in on the next challenge...I don't want to face the wrath of Cat =oP

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Cat's all purr, not scratch! :)

I think it is only fair that we all should participate. If not, then go do something else where you ain't just taking up space! :) You, Linden, write wonderful reviews, so I think we should keep you!!!

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Hi! my name is Taja and I am a 17 year old junior in high school.I am a very nice and cool person who is also kind of weird and random. I've also been writing in general for 4 years now, and writing is definitely my passion. Normally I write poetry-including haikus!lol, but occassionally I write short stories. eventhough I completely suck at writing stories. So now, I'm trying to better my skill in writing stories, so I could actually write one without someone getting bored with it. I hope it goes well for me!lol

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Welcome Linden and Taja! I am glad to have you both in the group. Linden, my dear, I can relate to being busy, so don't think I'm insensitive to the fact we all have lives. I just meant that I want everyone to TRY to be a part of the group. Just with you leaving the above message, I know you are not just shrugging off your part in the group. Hopefully you can complete the next challenge. If not leave me a PM. That goes for everyone. Let me know if you are having trouble completing challenges. And I will work with you and see what we can do. If you feel a challenge is to hard, TELL ME and I will try to incorporate a challenge that will be more for you.Taja, I look forward to reading your haikus. Feel free to add your haikus to the group literature. And feel free to ask questions about the group and challenges.

Sincerely,
Yira Simone (Catrina)

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Yes, please! Send away I am anxious to get started.

First Page first
Previous Page prev