New York City Writers : Forum : Bowery Poetry

[reply] [quote]

Bowery Poetry

17 Years Ago

Hey Fellow NYC'ers,
Have any of you ever attended any of the Bowery Poetry Club events? I am definitely interested in doing so - that and any other events.

Happy writing,
Phillip
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I haven't gone there yet even though I've been intending to for some time now. Sometimes they have really great events there (which I always miss!) and other times there are things there that just don't interest me. But from what I hear it's supposed to be a really great place for poetry and other different things. Hopefully it will last and live beyond the ever increasing gentrification on the Bowery. We already lost CBGBs....I fear others will follow as well to make room for million dollar condos....on the BOWERY no less! Who'd have ever thought????

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I would really love to go - I haven't been yet. In fact, I'm such a nerd, I haven't been to any poetry readings here in NYC...

There's the Bowery, and what else? I know about the KGB bar and they sometimes have stuff there - sponsored in part by Gotham Writers I think...

We should get a group to go - and we can all meet and listen to other's poetry and work...