New York City Writers : Forum : Okay, it's on! NY/Northeast WC..

[reply] [quote]

Okay, it's on! NY/Northeast WC Writers Meeting - 1/13/07

17 Years Ago

Following the amazing success of the WC conference in L.A., some of us folks over here on the Northeast wanted some of that magic...

A couple of us NYC peoples are putting together a meeting for everyone within the tri-state/northeast area and beyond who would like to have a chance to meet over bagels, mimosas and coffee; talk to the real-live-flesh version of the folks they have come to love online; and listen to each other read works and share a little piece of themselves.

Ilene is offering up her Chelsea showroom as meeting space and she and Di�nna are gonna try to be hostesses with a gentle purpose: to bring you fabulous writers together for the day. Let's make the second Saturday in January something wonderful.

Where: Ilene's showroom - Chelsea Arts Tile + Stone
153 West 27th Street suite 1201
NY NY 10001

When: Sat., January 13th, 10am until... ?

If you want to come up Friday eve, we can have a pajama jammy jam. Bring a bedroll.
This is going to be a daytime thing so people can have time to drive home if they have a wee bit longer journey than some, although there may be accomodations to stay over til Sunday.

Please RSVP in this forum stream:
- If you're coming on Sat.
- If you're coming Fri night and need to crash
- If you need to crash Sat night as well

We'd like to have an idea of how many people are going to show up so we can get things ready...

So please boogie on over to NYC for the day...we're looking forward to seeing you!
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Hey,

Count me in for saturday. Let me know if you need any sweets. Can bake, will travel.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

the thing is, that i would feel awkward, i dont know anyone who is going
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

It's on. :)
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Quote:
Originally posted by DarthAlvarez
the thing is, that i would feel awkward, i dont know anyone who is going

I don't know anyone who is going, either. I have a couple of friends I asked to join the site, but I don't know if they'll be there -
everyone else I have only met here, in the cyber world.

But that didnt' stop the good feeling everyone had apparently at the L.A. meeting, and other cyber-into-real-world parties I've thrown before...

It would be great for everyone to make it! I'm stoked.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I'll be there too. Count me in. Can't wait!
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Quote:
Originally posted by Car va g o
Hey,

Count me in for saturday. Let me know if you need any sweets. Can bake, will travel.

That's wonderful - since this is becoming something large and wonderful, anybody who can bake/bring something to drink/eat is an extra special Rockstar.
;)
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

did i not reply?

v, me, jaime will be there west SIDE!
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Nice! It'll be like Encino, only cold.

Have you guys been to NYC before?
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I am attending. Might want to crash, although I do have a place to stay, its just that, thats what happens in these places. Wahoo I can't wait.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I'm coming and I can cook (also I got more kool-aid or jello if needed). I don't know exactly when I'm coming or going..but now I know that getting there isn't too hard (or getting back). I just learned how to make pound cake (no...not the crap you buy at the store or that comes in a box)...and I can cook a bunch of things (got any requests??)... Don't worry about me...I do not sleep (maybe 45 minute naps)...and I like to help out.

Angel
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I'm fairly certain that I'm gonna be able to do this.

Hawksmoor...From The Bleed.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Broadie. Awesome.

Angel. Swiss chard in garlic tomato sauce with couscous. You spoon the chard onto the couscous.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Count me in also :) I live close, so if anyone needs accomodations maybe I can help. Let me know what we can bring in :) And if you need any help, I am 20' away ;)
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

This is going to be great! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and catching the vibe off of the folks that will be happy to see each other again after the last meeting in L.A....

The fact that there are some folks who like to cook who are coming is a beautiful, beautiful thing.
It will be in Ilene's showroom, so I dunno if she has a kitchen...lol...you may have to bring your cooked/baked wares with you...

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I would like to bring a Rockstar. I will bring something to eat.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I will attend with Ronald.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Hi All, I am new to the group. I saw the title and it caught my eye. Having been born and bred in the Bronx for the first 29 years of my life, I felt I qualified to be a participant :) Anyway, I was wondering about this meet. I live in Greenwich, NY now, and a city trip would be lovely and do-able. Is this for all WC members, or mostly NYC Writers? I was wondering why I hadn't seen a posting. Anyway, would love to come. I can bake, too!!! Want desserts or real food? Can make an awesome eggplant parmigian and even a huge tray of ziti. Sausage and peppers, too, if that suits your fancy. Are there ovens? I can make the sauce ahead and fry up eggplant, then put it together upon arrival. Friday jammy party sounds great--I'll bring my feeties ;) Let me know and thanks!