Novelist's Desk : Forum : Brand New To This Site

[reply] [quote]

Brand New To This Site

13 Years Ago

Good morning.  My name is Jennifer.  I just found this site this morning.  I have been on the search for a good network to get advice and to learn.  I am working on my first novel right now.  You can view my profile to learn more about me.   The main thing that I am struggling with right now is my first chapter.  It is very short..  extremely short.  It is only about 4 MS Word double spaced pages.  It will probably be the shortest chapter in my book, but I couldn't write anymore with out killing or boring the reader.  Is that acceptable to have one short, intro type chapter?   Jennifer
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
jw
[reply] [quote]

Re: Brand New To This Site

12 Years Ago

I'm new to this site as well. The first chapter seems to always be the hardest. I'm ten chapters into my novel and struggle with what to put in and what to leave out.  The best advice I can give you .. is just write it. Don't worry about how short, long grammer, or editing right now. that will come later. Just write..  There are a lot of good books about writing novels.. check out your local book store  or writers digest online books store.  Good luck