Opinion Magazine (Editorial Writers Club) : Forum : A Question. What do you think..

A Question. What do you think?

17 Years Ago

The Web. Do you believe it has
A)Helped
B)Hindered
C)Both
The ability to write on the supernatural?
Me personally I believe it has done both. Why? Well it has helped because you can find information more easily. And that has also hindered it. The artistic licence is not as free, because of the vast information super highway. Because if your readers find any info that contradicts you. They are going to believe you are as bright as a closed casket and are going to drop your book like a ton of bricks. Plus make sure all their friends and family know it.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I think that the fact that the supernatural is a topic in question on the web is a sighn that it has helped in fact spread this ideaology that there is something more than the physical and the mere natural things of this world. The web has helped greatly in a sense to over-damatize the whole sceneraio but also puts the truth into perspective. I think it all dpeends on what you belive?

The web is a tool and everyone uses it for their own agendas. Knowledge, corruption, and even fighting. Their are always positives and always negatives.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Like any other medium, it has developed into a subculture in its own right. Consider Asian horror films involving cellphone technology and the anonymous peril of online predators/ stalkers/ etc. Frankly,the power of suggestion is a more potent form of expressing supernatural foreboding than a slasher flick. As a marketing tool, though, the net is unsurpassed in word of mouth (or word of keypad) advertising for a novel idea. That's what sold "Blair Witch" and "Snakes on a Plane."

As a writer, I'm still convinced a fully realized, well crafted work will outlast the medium that spawned it. The best the internet can do is showcase talent that already exists.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

the proliferation of any kind of information on the internet leaves you in ambiguous stupor at what to believe because everything can be simulated and you are completely alienated from its direct presence of any event. There is no longer any judgement to be made through circomstance, just confounded suspension of judgement. This is most frighteningly true of the news, but it applies to spiritual writing as well.... I think anyone who ran a good gamut of the internet saw a plethora of possibilities contrary to their belief before they entered, an inexaustable, anti-value splatter-paint of things to believe, which left some people scrambling for the nearest belief like a piece of driftwood in the pacific, and wiped others of the capacity to believe.