Our Weird Family : Forum : Hi all!

[reply] [quote]

Re: Nora & Sex

9 Years Ago

hi all!

Here's a great quote on sex ... and a fantastic attitude!

' In my sex fantasy, nobody ever loves me for my mind '... Nora Ephron

regards ... Uncle

[reply] [quote]

Re: Brad

9 Years Ago

hi folks!

Its Brad ... all of them!

A versatile and engrossing star of the times!

regards ... Uncle
[reply] [quote]

Re: Qingdao Street Mural

9 Years Ago

hi all!

A street scene from Qingdao in China ... with a splash of art on the walls of buildings ... the murals of lifestyle and life there. What a colorful addition to life in the city. Certainly introduces an element of the living back to the cities.

regards ... Uncle
[reply] [quote]

Re: Heeeeeeere's Oprah!

9 Years Ago

hi folks!

Can't say what a lady might want to say about ... featuring herself on every magazine cover that bears her name. That she was trying to say something about the human personality ... its diversity in one individual ... or perhaps its just a cultish fad. Here's a sample of Oprah ... at her glorying best ... set to get us to wonder about all these. I certainly haven't seen anything like it.

regards ... Uncle

[reply] [quote]

Re: Liberty

9 Years Ago

hi all!

You know that someone really loves you when they start dressing up like you ... and maybe behaving like you. And in the case of the statue of liberty ... I don't think we can blame anybody too much for it. Who wouldn't dress up like her?

regards ... Uncle
[reply] [quote]

Re: Under the Big Top

9 Years Ago

hi folks!

The circus ... a place that defy's the normal day of the householder ... the risks ... the wild side ... and that unexpected danger. The way we see someone dance ... fly through the air ... jump through flames ... and command the beasts. Come to think of it ... that may almost be normal to life in these times. But under the big top ... its a moment of being away ... someplace else.

regards ... Uncle
[reply] [quote]

Re: Olympus Marathon

9 Years Ago

hi all!

Some news here on ... the Olympus marathon that was begun recently in 2005 ... in Thessaly in Greece. This year ... its 11 th annual event ... has attracted about 660 runners ... and is scheduled as always for the last sunday in June. The organizers hope to draw attention to the great legends that Olympus brought to the world ... and its impact on human society. The race starts from the city of Dion ... named after the same.

regards ... Uncle
[reply] [quote]

Re: My Daughter

9 Years Ago

hi all!

I wrote a piece about my relationship with my daughter today. Goodness ... it feels nice to have done that. Its wonderful ... I think ... to simply put out your thoughts on something ... and communicate that clearly. It helps to understand it better ... that's exceptionally true with regards to children. Wow! Its a great feeling!

From the screen version of the relationship between Lucilla and the Emperor Marcus Aurelius ... ' We live lives of such pleasant fiction.'

regards ... Uncle
[reply] [quote]

Re: Been There ... Done That!

9 Years Ago

hi all!

Its a feeling that comes to all of us... at times. It may be caused by the activity of the mind ... that dwells too closely and deep into issues. The next time it comes ... tell yourself ... I'm going to do just this one thing ... it could be to sweep ... mop ... or vacuum the house ... just one thing. The activity breaks the mood and tells us ... physical action is still more than ... simply feeling that we've just about done everything. Not physically obviously!

regards ... Uncle

[reply] [quote]

Re: Rockford Files

9 Years Ago

hi all!

James Garner in The Rockford Files ... one of my all time favorite TV shows. I sort of orientated to it ... in terms of career ... and my relations to friends. Gave me a new perspective on the world ... and accentuated the value of common sense in all that we do. A good job Jim ... thanks for the memories.

regards ... Uncle
[reply] [quote]

Re: Teddy

9 Years Ago

hi folks!

Had a teddy when young ... and on sheer coincidence ... I ran into one that looks exactly like him ( below). My gosh ... I feel like I want to ask ... how you've been ... but then again I don't even remember how we parted. I think one of my younger brothers ... took him over. Well anyway ... its nice to see you again Teddy!

regards ... Uncle
[reply] [quote]

Re: Jewels from the Sea

9 Years Ago

hi all!

Came across this gold plated natural sea shell pendant. Quite exquisite. Its surprising how colorful and bright  sea shells are. And the incredible variations in design and patterns on the shells is absolutely amazing. To think that the creatures living in it ... took so much trouble to look a certain way. Quite a miracle of nature.

regards ... Uncle
[reply] [quote]

Re: George and the Muses

9 Years Ago

hi all!

Its quite an experience to view the ' apotheosis of Washington ... a mural on the capitol rotunda ... painted by Italian artist Constantino Brumidi in 1865. It depicts George Washington seating with the muses ... as in heaven. Quite a depiction of man ... in the role of creation. 

regards ... Uncle
[reply] [quote]

Re: Roosevelt

9 Years Ago

hi all!

Stubborn ... opinionated ... led by a sense of destiny ... and pretty much game to try everything ... and then figure it out later. I guess it was a sense ... of being decisive about things ... especially at work and government. Oh! ... I'm sorry I was talking about myself ... not that wonderful American gentleman ... Teddy Roosevelt ... below. I saw this pic of him ... during his assemblyman years ... and wondered how much he reminded me of myself.

regards ... Uncle
[reply] [quote]

Re: Australis

9 Years Ago

hi all!

A pic of the aurora australis ... a relative no doubt of the Borealis in the north. I had this strange thought that its like a tree ... from which ... life began on earth. It would certainly match the fairy tales and nursery rhymes ... that rely on a tree to tell their story. But isn't it a fantastic sight?

regards ... Uncle
[reply] [quote]

Re: Schools for Sudan

9 Years Ago

hi all!

The St. Pius X school in Kansas city raised $13,000 for the schools project in the sudan. Its a charity drive by the people of Sudan to raise the literacy standards of their societies. The project has received enthusiastic response ... and is helping to rehabilitate the ' lost boys ' ... of the Sudan ... who were involved in the civil war to break the Sudan into two halves ... North and South. The project reports that they have taken to providing schooling to 3000 kids to-date. An admirable charity event.

pic is from St. Pius X school.

regards ... Uncle
[reply] [quote]

Re: Baffin Island

9 Years Ago

hi all!

Here's a scene from Baffin Island ... North of the Hudson Bay. It came to inspire its visitors and the people who lived there with scenes like these ... that reminds man of his relations with God and the way we form a friendship. This is Mt. Thor in the foreground ... and the island is filled with names from the Legend of Asgarth. Its the reported home of the Gods of the Vikings. Beautiful ... isn't it?

regards ... Uncle
[reply] [quote]

Re: The Swan

9 Years Ago

Hi all!

Its the Swan nebula ... 5,200 light years away ... in the constellation Sagittarius. Its reported to be one of the most massive star forming region in our galaxy. When I take a look at it ... I tell myself I need nothing else to cheer me up a,d keep me in a happy mood. Its just that ... when I walk out into the street ... I can't match anything with the incredible sensation that it provides in me. And momentarily ... it makes me think that I gave up something fantastic ... for a life of the ordinary ... here on earth. But that's just me ...

regards ... Uncle
[reply] [quote]

Re: Peter Pan

9 Years Ago

hi all

The unforgettable story of Peter Pan by JM Barrie that puts together a cast of characters that comprises a baby ... a kid mature for his age ... a lady like mother ... and the irrepressible teen ... Peter Pan. The Disney movie has had a durable popularity with kids for almost 65 years. A look at the portrayal of the family nature ... of the kids ... is certainly an informative account of the attitudes of father ... mother ... baby and Teen. A great family entertainment.

regards ... Uncle
[reply] [quote]

Re: Asian Carp

9 Years Ago

hi all!

Came across an item of news in ' The Scientist ' about how the Asian Carp is expanding its population in the US. I'm telling myself ... you should be so lucky. Its one of the best tasting freshwater fish I have ever tasted. But according to the magazine  Americans may not know how to cook the fish ...and think its meat is bony. So here's one recipe for fried carp you are going to like: Click on below :

regards ... Uncle